Onimonogatari Review

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
Overall, Onimonogatari places itself among my favourite entries in the Monogatari series for giving us another story with Shinobu and Araragi. You can rest assured that everything you know and love about Monogatari is still present and accounted for.

Continue reading...

Uhh Hanamonogatari doesnt happen till after Zoku Owarimonogatari so yeah All other S2 books are before it

To be fair everything I know about the Monogatari timeline comes from these books because I haven't watched the anime and I don't want to read ahead too much for spoilers. What I've gotten from the books is that:

Kabukimonogatari comes before Onimonogatari because of the backpack. Meanwhile Otorimonogatari takes place after all of these given it's setting up for the end and thus Koimonogatari is after that being the final.

The events in Oni start lining up very closely to Hanamonogatari at the end and neither it or Hana suggest it isn't straight after, so I just assumed it took place after this one given its considered part of second season (from what I can tell). If you're reading them book to book its impossible to tell otherwise tbh.

Back