One Piece coming to Toonami in April

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
After last week's news that Rave Master will be premiering on Toonami UK on February 7th, the Toonami website has confirmed (in a new FAQ) that One Piece will be hitting the channel at some point in April.

Also, in reference to the much talked of Adult Swim block, Toonami UK have stated that "We are still looking into the possibility of having an adult swim block." However, this will most likely be featuring the original comedy (Harvey Birdman and Aqua Teen Hunger force) and not the anime from the popular US Adult Swim block.

To be honest, I'm not really planning to watch either of these new series. Rave Master doesn't look like my kind of thing and One Piece has apparently been hacked to pieces by 4Kids- different music, changed character names, altered storylines and scraped entire episodes. Though I'm certainly interested to see how Toonami handles these shows and if they end up being successful.

The whole Adult Swim thing, well, it's just really disappointing from the perspective of a die-hard anime fan but I'm sure those comedy shows will be alright.

hmmmmm i think i'd rather watch dragonball and GT repeats than AS lol

but i'm looking forward to Rave Master.... then again i'm probually the only person watching the new Shaman King eps lol

NOOOOO, why cant they just give us all the goodness that americans get when they watch swim......Ghost in the shell S.A.C, Fullmetal Alchemist and everything else. I h8 UK TV when it comes to anime

. . . and will continue to be deaf, dumb and blind if there's nothing around to cater for them and if they're unaware that there is even anything there for them to see. When Cartoon Network started showing Gundam W, then CNX with Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star, there was some kind of hope that there would be more a selection of anime for the whole spectrum of fans, but recently, there seems to be a very disappointing trend of less varied anime hitting the screens, the majority of which seem to be based on lame card games.

Maybe but both Channel 4 (some years ago) and The Sci-Fi Channel more recently both tried showing lots of anime neither came off very popular.

I'm of the same mind as Paul - neither really interest me, be it will be interesting to check them out, see how they do and how butchered they are.

I still can't believe that Cowboy Bebop didn't manage to convert the masses. Okay, so it had virtually no publicity, but when a modern classic fails to make an impact, you start to wonder what will.

Back