Oldest person to use internet forums?

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
On a football forum I frequent, there is a 68 year-old man who posts messages regularly. I'm pretty amazed, I can't imagine someone that old even using a computer, let alone being an active part of a message board! I think I just assume everyone using internet is the same age as me (24), not sure why! Has anyone else come across someone even approaching this age on the internet?

Lol, 68 isn't that old!!! I'm sure there are many older people who use computers and the internet, i mean people work up to 65, and often past that, and alot of those people will have, or had jobs that involve using computers and the internet! I've also seen many quite elderly people using the internet at the library

My dad's 60 this december and was helping my grandad (who is 82) with some online shopping. Apparently there are older internet users (occasionally nicknamed 'silver surfers', which made me smile) who form a small but growing proportion of people going online.According to this article that I found by randomly googling, 20% of Germany's inernet use is down to people over 60! :shock: Fascinating.

Martin said:
My dad's 60 this december and was helping my grandad (who is 82) with some online shopping. .

Same thing here, my dad is now addicted to ebay and is on there most nights looking for bargains

Kurogane said:
skikes said:
try going into a gay chat room... full of dirty old men, really quite sickening! :S

Speaking out of personal experience, I hope not. :eek:

well me being someone who likes to chat and all

and me being a gay and all

i would have to say yes, out of experience lol

p.s. this is my 500th post woop woop!

Back