No more Free Super Save Delivery for Europe

bakum4tsu

Pokémon Master
So... a thread to all of those that dont live in the UK but that order from Amazon UK. If you were lucky enough to receive an email this morning about no more Free Super Save Delivery for Europe from yesterday, then you know what I am talking about. Yes, no more free shipping!!!! Now about £4.5 minimum or something...

I have made a few tests...

I have ordered an item that costs £25 and this is what i got..

pI3rTwK.png

I have made the tests by ordering 5 dvds and it charged £5,57 which it was not that bad. Below you can see the link for the shipping costs.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/custom ... 0&pop-up=1

Its a shame actually, now need to do big orders more than ever to compensate.

It seems that pre-orders before yesterday are not affect and normal orders (item available) are not either which is good. I am glad i have a few pre orders...

Any thoughts my non UK fellows??

I was surprised Amazon UK did free super saver delivery for international orders

Remember other sites are available

There is a big movement going on in the internet about this thing and trying to revert the situation though I dont think its possible.

About other sites, actually i took a look around and I wouls say most or all the 4 or 5 I have search, all charge so I think its fair enough for Amazon to do the same.

I really hate this decision from Amazon, and how they basically ignore everybody complaining so far.
I wonder whether they'll react to the petition, since I don't consider 3500 persons a small amount.
st_owly said:
For manga there's always Book Depository
Price-wise I personally recommend Wordery though... (At least for me Wordery is cheaper.)

Kite said:
I was surprised Amazon UK did free super saver delivery for international orders

Remember other sites are available
Yeah, but a situation that gets worse is just sad & bad. It'd be the same like Kaze deciding to release 2-cour anime on one BD-50.

Like Anime-On-Line also raised their shipping, from £1 to £2... That's nothing big. But Amazon not only raised their shipping for everybody outside the UK with at least £3.10, they also raised their prices for almost everything with a few quid... It's so bad even that some titles on my Amazon wishlist have been raised with £10+ without shipping.

Ah well, I hope the community can keep the shitstorm going until Amazon makes a sane decision like Sentai now announced their dub for Chu2Koi.

Amazon has slowly destroyed the competition for DVDs, and now they are free to rise the prices knowing the smaller companies lack the marketing budget to promote themselves

Back