Next Gen Consoles XBOX 360 and PS3

Chibi Yosho said:
Since the people have been saying that the Xbox "360" will be £400 I'd assume that the rest will be around that too.

Well, the 360 has been confirmed at £210 and £280, without and with the hard drive respectivly.
There has been alot of news that the PS3 is going to be the most expensive in the group, but that's not really surprising when the PSP is going to be £180 when it comes out, which IMO is way too much for a hand-held.

Chibi Yosho said:
Has anyone seen the PS3 control pads yet? They are the worst looking things I have ever seen, what's up with the handles being so long!? I don't see why they can't use the original/dualshock2 control pads any more.

It's for when people see that the graphics arent like the FMV's and Pre-renders they showed off at E3. (Killzone 2 anyone? I doubt that team could make such a big jump in that small space of time)
This way, when they throw the controller at the PS3, it wont hit, and will instead, come back and hit them in the face.

Anyway, the controllers are wierd, look like their for people with elongated hands.

Right now im going for the 360, ive actually seen the power its capable of, and it already has a selection of good games coming for it.

MattDark said:
It's for when people see that the graphics arent like the FMV's and Pre-renders they showed off at E3. (Killzone 2 anyone? I doubt that team could make such a big jump in that small space of time)
This way, when they throw the controller at the PS3, it wont hit, and will instead, come back and hit them in the face.

ROFL, Controlorang LOL 8)

MattDark said:
, but that's not really surprising when the PSP is going to be £180 when it comes out, which IMO is way too much for a hand-held.

That is alot for a handheld especailly when you have to pay another £30 for a memory stick and another £30 for a game.

the PSP is overpriced, but thats cause Sony think that its going to be a huge hit with the ability to play films on it as well as games and music. though i am planning to get one mostly for advent children, i will still feel that the price is to high for something like that.

Shades said:
ROFL, Controlorang LOL 8)

Exactly :D
At least Microsoft decided to move the black and white buttons above the shoulder triggers.
(They are more like triggers then buttons on the Xbox controllers)
It was a little awkward with their position before, sitting above the 4 main buttons.

Unit 0 said:
That is alot for a handheld especailly when you have to pay another £30 for a memory stick and another £30 for a game.

And thats for the small memory card, which has plenty of space if your just saving game files on there.
But when you want to put music or pictures on there, that wont do, forcing up to be ripped off when we get the £90 1GB memory card.

Arbalest said:
the PSP is overpriced, but thats cause Sony think that its going to be a huge hit with the ability to play films on it as well as games and music. though i am planning to get one mostly for advent children, i will still feel that the price is to high for something like that.

I think its gone to their heads that the UMD movies will do really well, but I seriously doubt that the UMD will catch on...
I can see the PSP dropping in price rather quickly, because that wont be available to the majority of the gaming audience unless they want to fork out a portion of their savings.
(If I was in college, that would have cost me a 5th of my money)

Back