New poll; too many UK releases or too few?

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Having been ignored of late, it's about time we updated our visitor opinion poll and as ever, we've tried to pick an interesting subject for you to vote on. In light of all the recent speculation concerning the over-saturated US anime DVD industry, we're asking you if you feel there are already too many UK anime DVD releases competing for what is still very limited high-street shop shelf space.

The previous (rather long running) poll had asked what is your most anticipated UK release of the year; and after we collected a very healthy 476 votes, MVM's Full Metal Alchemist turned out to be the runaway winner with 30% of the votes. Beez's Cowboy Bebop came in at a respectable second with 15%, while both ADV titles Evangelion Platinum and Chrono Crusade tied for third place with 10% of the votes each. Thanks to everyone who voted!

I voted for "Just about the perfect amount". We're not yet at a stage were companies are having to scrape the bottom of the barrell to just put out a certain number of releases a month. Though with a few long running shows like FMA, Yu Yu Hakusho and Get Backers trying their luck over here- I haven't a clue how the British public will react.

Also, I'm surprised at the sheer number of people looking forward to Full Metal Alchemist. Looks like the hype machine is really working into overdrive for this one, though it's certainly deserved- FMA is fantastic.

Like IanC says , I think they should be spread out over the month more rather than all coming out together. I voted for "just the perfect amount".

I put just right as if there was anymore i would be dead broke (well more then i am now) and if there where any less i would not be happy as i would not have much to watch. I like whats comeing out this year as its mostly the big serie which should pull in alot of cash for the UK companys. a dn pull in more fans.

I'd go for just the right amount. Not so many that you're completely swamped in new releases or low quality, but not so few that there isn't any choice and there are still good-but-less-popular series coming out as well.

just the right amount i reckon. there are a few big names that have yet to be licenced but there are so many good shows already out or in the pipeline, i'm not complaining.

Back