New poll; favourite 2005 UK releases

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
About time we set up a new visitor's survey and in true New Year’s fashion, we're asking you what your most anticipated UK '05 release is. We've selected 10 of the so called 'most popular' titles for this poll (meaning the list is missing the likes of Texhnolyze and Read or Die TV), however, if your favourite isn't on the list, you can always have your say in our friendly forums.

Our last poll concerned the rather controversial subject of fansubs. 60% of you felt yes, they are helping anime to grow and succeed outside of Japan while 20% voted no, they are just hurting the industry. 20% think they are just irrelevant. Thanks for voting everyone!

I'm more or less torn between Cowboy Bebop, Chrono Crusade and FullMetal Alchemist, but FMA gets my vote (mainly 'cos Gunslinger Girl wasn't an option... :p )

With the right marketing strategy, I think FMA could really bring anime further into the mainstream; get gamers hooked on Broken Angel and chances are you'd be able to sell them at least a couple of anime discs as well. And not only that, but it's no cheap tie-in series either; it's one of the most compelling, deep and meaningful shows I've seen in a while. Add to that the fact that it's phenomenally accessible and has a great dub (which will be a major factor with mainstream audiences), and I think it could be a real winner. I'm praying that it pays off for MVM in a big way, not least so they can afford to bring more anime to the UK.

Chrono Crusade is just a great series. Again, the dub is outstanding, but based on the first disc (all I've seen so far), there's a lot of promise there, and the characters are certainly deep enough to hold an audience. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the full series.

And what do I really need to say about Cowboy Bebop? Easily one of the greatest anime shows ever made, if not one of the best television shows altogether. If they manage to get a new Toonami run started for the first volume and build up some interest, this could be the chartbuster it deserves to be in the UK as well.

Gad Guard!!

I'm afraid I'm too impatient for most of what I want to wait for the UK release, but occassionally I will and Gad Guard is about all I'm looking forward to getting Although I might be tempted with Chobits too :D

Full Metal Alchemist

I cant wait to see this :) Ive had to put up with the fan sub watchers and americans tak about it for a while, now i can see what the fuss is about :p

FMA, Chrono Crusade, Get Backers and Gungrave (seeing how I loved the game and all). That said, at the moment I'm catching up with older releases like King of Bandit Jing, so I have no idea whether I'll have the cash for these when they get released (might have to make an exception for FMA though!).

I voted for FMA but there are alot of things im looking forward too
eg. chobits, get backers and lots more.

This is going to be the best year for anime in the uk ever.

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006H325C/qid=1105101439/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/103-9571473-9902224?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846" target="_blank">Amazon.com</a> have the DVD cover for Fullmetal Alchemist vol 1, if anyone's interested. I'm guessing MVM will use the same covers for their releases?

Rurouni H said:
<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0006H325C/qid=1105101439/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/103-9571473-9902224?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846" target="_blank">Amazon.com</a> have the DVD cover for Fullmetal Alchemist vol 1, if anyone's interested. I'm guessing MVM will use the same covers for their releases?
Yeah, they probably will, even down to the FUNimation logo :p

Back