New Lupin III tv series?

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Just noticed an announcement on ANN that the next Lupin project is to air in the fall season. This isn't a huge surprise, given the regularity of the tv specials, but what is surprising is the suggestion that it'll be an actual series rather than a one off. (original article here)

As much as the idea of a new Lupin series excites me, however, I'd like to see some further details before I start jumping up and down, and not just to confirm that it's definitely a series. Due to the sheer number of different people who've worked on it, the franchise has been pretty hit and miss over the years, so I'd be very interested to know what tone they'd intend to take with it.

Still, I'm quietly optimistic that the bastard will, once again, steal something of grave importance...

Professor Irony said:
As much as the idea of a new Lupin series excites me, however, I'd like to see some further details before I start jumping up and down, and not just to confirm that it's definitely a series.
I think this is definitely the correct response.

Don't get me wrong, I mean if they got the right people involved, nothing would put a smile on my face like a new series of Lupin, I just hope it's more Cagliostro and less Gold Babylon.

They'll never do it, but (wishful thinking) a SHAFTxShinbo trippy Lupin would be wonderful...

Back