New Kentish mecha head in town & around.

Fort Max

Completely Average High School Student
Hello to you all, my name is Mark & I'm a bona fide mecha addict. Real/super/absolutely stupid, I'll watch em all and then lament the lack of toys. I'm also partial to sci-fi & arty animes that leave a lasting impression.
My best mate is repsonsible for the poisoning of my mind by giving me Ghost in the Shell shortly after I met him in my second job, it was inevitable that I would discover Gundam and it's ilk and it was all down hill from there.
Can't think of much else to say so I'll just give you an idea of my favourite shows but for a twist, in the order I discovered them,
GitS, Trigun, Full Metal Panic, Gundam Seed, R.O.D, GaoGaiGar, Gunbuster and most recentley Eureka Seven.

I expect to add VOTOMS to this list once CM has released them all.

p.s. I work for a very large engineering company in the Wild West of London and it's only a matter of time untill I get in on their military projects. *manaical grin*

Willkommen zum das Forum. :p Have fun and be Deutsch.
kittietongue5fl.gif

Since you like mecha, have you seen Escaflowne or RahXephon?

Travis Radisson said:
Willkommen zum das Forum. :p Have fun and be Deutsch.
kittietongue5fl.gif

Since you like mecha, have you seen Escaflowne or RahXephon?

Thanks for the welcomes guys, I'm hoping I can make some new friends here.

I have the first half of Escaflowne but haven't watched it all yet as it doesn't like my dvd player, works on the other one in the house just fine.
The Escaflowne itself is a beutifull design and I wish I'd had money when Yamatos figure came out an age ago.

Rahxephon, I've seen three dvd's worth. Then I lost my job, couldn't buy any more and forgot about the series for a long while. It is on my list to finish buying and watching in the near future as I liked it a lot and more so then Eva.

Being Deutscheon? I am being like that since many years.

Necromancer said:
Welcome to the forums :). I've not seen much mecha anime but Eureka 7 is on my list of stuff to watch.

Then you defintely have something to look forward to, E7 restored my faith in the hobby after Seed Destiny made me feel like a tool for watching it to completion.

Watch original Gundam instead - UC timeline, original stories and spinoffs.

Other Mecha series worth looking at- the short Five Star Stories anime, Patlabor (especially the TV series).

E7 is one of the best mecha series in years.

Laughing Manji said:
Watch original Gundam instead - UC timeline, original stories and spinoffs.

Other Mecha series worth looking at- the short Five Star Stories anime, Patlabor (especially the TV series).

E7 is one of the best mecha series in years.

Thanks for the recomendations but I've seen just about all the Gundams bar G and War in the Pocket. Patlabor I'm slightly less au fait with, own the first two movies and I've seen a fair bit of the TV series. Need to buy it now CM's sets are so ludicrously cheap.
Five Star Stoires, that's the one that was apparently so bad that the original creator hated it so I'm collecting the mangas instead.

Nice try though, please keep em coming. :D

Zegapaing should be out subbed soon, intial impressions are, nothing deep but a very fun show. I look forward to checking it out & to finishing Gun Sword some time later this year now the fansubbers have ceased.

Fort Max said:
Thanks for the recomendations but I've seen just about all the Gundams bar G and War in the Pocket.

Well address the War in the Pocket mishap. Its an excellent anime.

Fort Max said:
Patlabor I'm slightly less au fait with, own the first two movies and I've seen a fair bit of the TV series. Need to buy it now CM's sets are so ludicrously cheap.

Aye. Its a great series and a great price. Also CPMs votoms series are nice and cheap too.

Fort Max said:
Five Star Stoires, that's the one that was apparently so bad that the original creator hated it so I'm collecting the mangas instead.

I dont think anyone thinks its bad. I wouldn't place any stock in what the Original Creator thinks half the time. The scale of FSS manga would involve a 50 ep TV series at minimum. You are goign to lose something when you cut it down to OVA size.

I am curious as to where you are getting the manga? Its really tough to find, not to mention expensive. Its turning into something of a holy grail item for me.

Fort Max said:
Zegapaing should be out subbed soon, intial impressions are, nothing deep but a very fun show.

I saw the god-awful day-glo mecha and the recycled character designs, and I just passed. Eureka 7 has raised the bar for modern mecha shows. I go classic/retro if I want good mecha shows now.

Laughing Manji said:
Fort Max said:
Thanks for the recomendations but I've seen just about all the Gundams bar G and War in the Pocket.

Well address the War in the Pocket mishap. Its an excellent anime.

It's on the list of things to buy, the list however is too long for me to see it all at once.

Laughing Manji said:
Fort Max said:
Patlabor I'm slightly less au fait with, own the first two movies and I've seen a fair bit of the TV series. Need to buy it now CM's sets are so ludicrously cheap.

Aye. Its a great series and a great price. Also CPMs votoms series are nice and cheap too.

I just ordered the ova set and series set 1 yesterday, they were so cheap I just couldn't resist & I know I'll be back.

Laughing Manji said:
Fort Max said:

I dont think anyone thinks its bad. I wouldn't place any stock in what the Original Creator thinks half the time. The scale of FSS manga would involve a 50 ep TV series at minimum. You are goign to lose something when you cut it down to OVA size.

I am curious as to where you are getting the manga? Its really tough to find, not to mention expensive. Its turning into something of a holy grail item for me.

I'll have to give the ova a shot then, I know creators can be rather protective of their work but I had genuinely seen someone, somewhere else say that the show was bad. *shrugs* It was ages ago.
As for the manga, I got vols 1-3 from Amazon.co.uk with no problems. However amazon being what it is they aren't all labelled properly and it's hard to work out which one is no.4 and so on. I need to just buy a load and work it out myself later.
United publications used to have them, I went to check them out after reading your last post but sadly they don't have them anymore.

Laughing Manji said:
Fort Max said:
Zegapaing should be out subbed soon, intial impressions are, nothing deep but a very fun show.

I saw the god-awful day-glo mecha and the recycled character designs, and I just passed. Eureka 7 has raised the bar for modern mecha shows. I go classic/retro if I want good mecha shows now.

True but Eureka Seven wasn't all that great in the first few epsiodes, I'll give Zegapain a chance and I don't mind the dayglo colours myself, something different.
They've come a long way from Getter Robo certainly.

where's my cow? said:
Sorry, no recommendations. How about a nice warm welcome? Hi! ^_^

Buggerit! Millenium hand & shrimp!

Strawberry, thanks, I allready am. :D

Back