Slayers: Next 1 - RRP £15.99

9004773x.jpg

Solty Rei #2 - RRP £15.99

9004785x.jpg

Starship Operators: Collection - RRP £29.99

9004798x.jpg

Texhnolyze: Box set - RRP £49.99

9188493x.jpg

I'm intrigued by Slayers because a lot of people on AUKN seem to adore it. Slayers Next isn't a sequel series requiring that I've viewed the original, right?

Nothing for me this week, but that's fine because I'm still catching up on recent purchases.

CG: Slayers Next follows on from Slayers, plot-wise, with the same characters introduced in the first series meeting a few new ones. It's not massively complicated and the original plot was all resolved in series one so I don't think you'll have any problems diving in in Next. Ideally though, watch Slayers->Slayers Next->Slayers Try->Slayers Rev/Ev in order with the movies/OAVs slotting in wherever you like (with one exception - Slayers Premium comes after Next).

The characters are mostly exaggerated (or subverted) D&D stereotypes so it's not too hard to figure out what's going on. Slayers Next is my absolute favourite part of the series. It's good to see it coming out here.

R

I intend to buy Slayers, but I only buy boxsets, so am hoping for such a release. Also, to get my purchase, they will need to look as good as, or better (if that's possible) than the U.S ones, which look very nice. :D

I still think that the Gravion boxart is very misleading, the show for the most part is lacking in scenes like that, and one of the two prominent characters on that boxart isn't even in the episodes featured :lol: (she was in the second season Gravion Zwei which never saw a UK release)

Still only Slayers Next i would consider...and i still need to get the first season

BlackWolf said:
I still think that the Gravion boxart is very misleading, the show for the most part is lacking in scenes like that, and one of the two prominent characters on that boxart isn't even in the episodes featured :lol: (she was in the second season Gravion Zwei which never saw a UK release)

Hey you're right, that was the Zwei first release box art in the US. Sexy picture but one of the actual first series characters may have made more sense.

Now Dave's got all the pictures up I have to give a thumbs up to Texhnolyze and Cutie Honey. They should catch some eyes on store shelves.

R

I've heard a great deal about Texhnolyze.
Alas it sounds like the sort of thing that'd scare me more than anything else, but from perusing past analyses of it I'd certainly recommend it to those who opt for the most symbolic and cerebral titles.

I've never quite understood the appeal of Slayers. I watched most of the first series and it was full of dumb jokes about Lina's mosterous appetite and small bust (my aching sides), and then the tone suddenly turns serious, with the characters fighting to save the world from destruction or some crap. Baffling.

I recommend Rune Solider instead.

Hmmm, Texhnolyze is tempting, though it's something I'd like to try before I buy to be sure it's my sort of thing. Cool cover mind.

Back