Netflix Reveals New Details on Eden, Ghost in the Shell SAC_2045, Levius, Saiki K. and More for 2020

The only audio who does decent CGI anime is Polygon and even thier stuff is hit and miss but I have no confidence this will be better. Everything just screems cheap cash grab with this new GITS series.

If this was GiTS X yeah I could accept it as new different but its positioning itself as SAC so it looks miles away from the film the last SAC material so Im gonna watch all of SAC and have whiplash when it comes to this new one.
By the time this comes out it'll have been 15 years since the end of SAC. You seem to have coped with the differences between the old and new series' of Doctor Who all right. :p

Anime wise Geass matched their animation style 15 years later in the sequel as yes its easier to copy an animation style than filming techniques. And hey I want 4 parters back in doctor who!

On the GitS subject again, I do agree, I have seen a few series done in CGI that I've enjoyed, like the new animated planet Godzilla films (polygon's effort) the Berserk CGI films weren't too bad, the advent looks like a lost Pixar film

Land of the lustrous is one of my favourites to use CGI, they really get across how different the lustrous are from anything else, I'd say Ajin is quite good too but as someone still reading the manga I feel the anime lost something by going CGI and having to do a different sort of style

With all the praise we can give some of the CGI series of the past few years, I'm about to say something offensive here... can all strugglers leave the thread?

Berserk 2016/17

If no one budgets for it or the studio really doesn't know what they are doing, it really shows with CGI, a competent artist can cover mistakes in 2D, but if you mess up CGI, you've just met your deadline, you can't do anything
At this point in time, GitS just looks like Netflix just payed all their money into licensing it rather than caring how it looks

Back