Neo Magazine released today!

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
In case you don't already know, the first issue of <a href="http://www.neomag.co.uk/">Neo Magazine</a> (the UK's first anime-centric magazine for a good few years now) has today officially hit the shelves and is now being sold in various high street shops around the country. Costing just £3.50, be sure to get out there and support this exciting new anime magazine; they don't come around too often.

has anyone got this from a shop yet i went out today and look around shops for a good hour and a half (inculding WHSmith)and i could not find it anywhere.

I picked it up today from Smiths. It even had a little blue card thing infront of it saying about it been new etc.

The magazine itself i liked, but there was a coment in one of the reviews taht annoyed me.

i found my copy in my local martins in the end. I spent like 1 hour and half looking in all the big store around me for it yesterday and in the end i find it in the a small local shop ....oh well.

I found my copy in Martins the Newsagents too!!

I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting from this magazine, but I have to admit I was disappointed with it. I know it's covering many different subjects, but I did expect a little more anime coverage, plus I guess I was also expecting a little more "new" news rather than info on things I'm completely familiar with.
I also thought the cartoon strip in it was pretty lame.

The one truly fun thing about it was the fact I was actually able to purchase a magazine like this in my local shop!!

One thing that did amuse me was my 73 year old Dad asked if he could take a look at "Neo" and he actually seemed to enjoy it :p

Miaka-chan said:
I found my copy in Martins the Newsagents too!!

I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting from this magazine, but I have to admit I was disappointed with it. I know it's covering many different subjects, but I did expect a little more anime coverage, plus I guess I was also expecting a little more "new" news rather than info on things I'm completely familiar with.
I also thought the cartoon strip in it was pretty lame.

The one truly fun thing about it was the fact I was actually able to purchase a magazine like this in my local shop!!

One thing that did amuse me was my 73 year old Dad asked if he could take a look at "Neo" and he actually seemed to enjoy it :p

Seeing as the mag's still new maybe it would be an idea to contact them and let them know you want more animé content. Plus, compared to the internet it's hardly fair to complain about their news being older.

I bought this yesterday but haven't had the chance to give it a good read...we'll see!

I didn't mean old as in "oh well, I read that 2 years ago on the net" but as in reviewing anime that has been on release even in the UK for a hellava long time! It would have been nice to see true future UK releases or even a little bit of the current Japanese anime scene, it was all OLD news.

I don't actually scour the internet for current anime happenings, I only ever search for a specific, like trying to find decent pictures of a lesser mentioned club in The Prince of Tennis and exactly how DO you spell Kurapika's name from Hunter X Hunter?! :lol:

And how do you spell it? :D

This site is plenty good enough for daily news updates-a monthly mag couldn't compete, but I suspect they probably had a lot of the articles and reviews lined up a while before publication when they were pitching the mag?
I'm looking forward to the GITS feature next issue.

Back