Need advice (Animax related)

23kertyfudhiuwer

Completely Average High School Student
I naively signed up for animax 2 weeks ago to watch 1 program on the "free" trial. But now that I want to cancel it there is no option despite it saying there is one in the help section and it being advertised as easy to cancel any time. Also, though I DEFINITELY clicked the free 2 week then £4.99 after, they billed me £3.99 on the first day. I thought this was all really shady so tried to delete my card and it won't let me. Its going to auto renew itself in 1 week , what do?

I checked into animax's subcription plans since I've never used them before. It sounds like you didn't go for the free trial, and then month deal but rather their DIVE STRAIGHT IN deal.

Here is the terms of conditions for that deal, which explain why you can't cancel on their website.

3.1.2 ANIMAX 6 Month Subscription

Want to dive straight in and get the best deal? Go for our 6 Month Subscription package for only £3.99 per month (20% off the Monthly Subscription price).You will be charged £3.99 per month for the first 6 months from the date that you originally joined. You are committed to ANIMAX for 6 months and there is no free trial. After 6 months you will automatically revert to the Monthly Subscription (see above for details on pricing) unless you cancel. You can cancel your subscription at any time. If you wish to cancel your subscription during the first 5 months you can call our Customer Support team on 0845 434 9467 or send us an email at [email protected] and we will process the cancellation for you. During the last month of the 6 Month Subscription period you can also do this by navigating to the ‘My Accounts’ section and selecting the ‘Cancel’ option (this option won’t appear until the 6th payment has been made but you can still cancel earlier by calling Customer Support or emailing [email protected]).

If you do cancel your subscription before the end of the 6 month period you will still be charged £3.99 per month for any remaining months. After 6 months you can cancel at anytime and there are no cancellation fees. Join Now

I've highlighted, and underlined the section that applies to you.

I did not choose that! There is no mistaking that I clicked for the free trial.

Did you enter a promo code at the end. From what I can see though based on how you are describing it, and how much you been charged. Your definitely on this 6 month deal.

I believe what signs you up to this deal is using the promo code animax6

I'd suggest calling them asap, and seeing if you can get out of the contract

I can't speak on the phone, I sent them an email but from what I've read online they don't ever reply.

Not much more anyone else can do to help you. I would suggest if you can't call them to try getting through to them on social media like facebook, or twitter and seeing if you can direct them to your email for assistance.

I just found this.

"If you do cancel your subscription before the end of the 6 month period you will still be charged £3.99 per month for any remaining months. After 6 months you can cancel at anytime and there are no cancellation fees."

these people are scum, how is this website supported by sony.

I just found this.

"If you do cancel your subscription before the end of the 6 month period you will still be charged £3.99 per month for any remaining months. After 6 months you can cancel at anytime and there are no cancellation fees."

these people are scum, how is this website supported by sony.

You signed an agreement for a 6 month subscription. The only way to get onto that agreement is to enter a specific promo code. I'd say its not unreasonable they would want what is due of theirs as per the agreement terms.

That is like saying if you got a 24 month phone contract, and then 2 months in go "I want to cancel", and being surprised the phone company wants the other 22 months still.

I can't speak on the phone, I sent them an email but from what I've read online they don't ever reply.
I had a reply after about an hour and a half when I wanted to cancel. Then again I was just on monthly subscription and wanting to end it at the end of the subscribed period (the ability to unsubscribe being conveniently broken on their website at the time) and thus didn't owe them any money, rather than trying to pull out of something they thought I had signed up to partway through. This was also over a year ago now.

It's not quite the same since Animax don't lose anything if they allow a cooling off period, unlike a phone company with a subsidised phone signed over to you. Heck, they're going to get a lot of bad press if they enforce something which was presumably completely missold in the first place if the poster only found out about the contract here, after the fact.

They don't even have close to enough content to justify a 6-month plan these days.

R

"Subscription Purchase: Animax Subscription - ANIMAX monthly recurring subscription (Your subscription cost has been discounted by 20%. Note that you will be charged £3.99 on 04 September 2017)"

just found its definitely the monthly subscription where It's advertised that I can "cancel anytime" and "free 2 weeks"

Have sent them 6 emails over the course of days all clearly asking for them to cancel and all of them were ignored. Also I can confirm I'm not on the 6 month subscription and I should be able to freely cancel. I will have to try doing something with my bank

Back