Naruto / Naruto Shippuden DVD's

BDT87

Student Council President
Ok I know abit of the backstory with the dvd releases from Manga Entertainment with these, apparently Season 1 was fine. Then Season 2 was a mess with the subtitles as they were dubtitles, then Season 3-9 were all fine that I heard.

How are the subtitles on the 3 Movies?

I heard the Lost Story OVA was pretty bad as well.

And of course how are they with the new Shippuden dvds?

Who does Manga get the source from, is it Madman from Australia? as I know it's not Viz like Bleach etc.

Im just bit curious and anxious as I have been buying all the Naruto in Region 1 so far and while I can get the Shippuden for half the price here than region 1 but the only thing I miss out if the better box for it but oh well.

Naruto is a Viz property. Surely you must have seen the logo on the Region 1 discs.

The subtitle issue was limited to Season 2 of Naruto. Everything since has been acceptable.

As far as I can tell, Manga has been sourcing the Madman transfers for Naruto and Naruto Shippuden.

The UK, and Australian releases for Naruto Shippuden are 13 episodes spread across 2 discs in half season collections. Although stopped naming them in terms of seasons, and have been just calling them Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and so on.

Viz release Naruto Shippuden in the US, and in single disc volumes, followed by collections later on. The collections thus have 13 episodes spread across three discs. The US releases also have extra features which the UK releases don''t have.

See here for more

'Season 1' had the worst of the dubtitling, including a hilariously spoilerific Kakashi mistranslation. They couldn't even decide on one name for the same moves. I ended up going with the R1 releases because of the horrible treatment of the first two sets.

Just Passing Through said:
Naruto is a Viz property. Surely you must have seen the logo on the Region 1 discs.

The subtitle issue was limited to Season 2 of Naruto. Everything since has been acceptable.

As far as I can tell, Manga has been sourcing the Madman transfers for Naruto and Naruto Shippuden.

The UK, and Australian releases for Naruto Shippuden are 13 episodes spread across 2 discs in half season collections. Although stopped naming them in terms of seasons, and have been just calling them Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and so on.

Viz release Naruto Shippuden in the US, and in single disc volumes, followed by collections later on. The collections thus have 13 episodes spread across three discs. The US releases also have extra features which the UK releases don''t have.

See here for more

Um yes I do know that Viz did the USA release but Im saying UK didnt have the Viz stuff but Madman like you said. And thanks for saying what I thought was right that everything from Season 3 was better.

And yes I do know how Shippuden is released because I have the 4 box sets of Region 1 already and I do know again the US releases also have extra features which the UK releases don''t have. \

I was just wondering if the subtitles it self was good enough or not really on the Shippuden seasons, because if it's not, I will just stick with region 1

Back