Movie Casting the good and the bad

desert_skunk

Brigade Leader
Which movies do you think have for you the perfect cast and which have been mis-cast?

Great casting for me, Tim Burton's bio pic of ED Wood, if Johnny Depp is a great Ed Wood Jr. then Martin Landau is more Bela than Lugosi himself. I didn't think I'd enjoy Ed Wood but the cast among other things went some way to changing my mind.

Bad casting I'd say Domino, After seeing the trailer and being a big fan of Tony Scott's True Romance I was expecting more but Keira Knightley didn't pull it off as a tough bounty hunter and Mickey Rourke was virtually in sleepwalking mode throughout the movie.

anyways those are two off the top of my head, what are yours?

Sin City i would say was very well casted although i haven't read the graphic novels so i might think diffrently if i had but still i can't fault it.

Ralph Fiennes in Constant Gardener, i read the book and then watched the film (never a good idea) and Ralph Fiennes came along and gave that role the woody-est performence i've seen since old keanu reeves did the matrix films.

Patrick stewart as Professor X and Hugh jackman as wolverine, perfect match. Oh and Kelsey Grammar as Beast.

Jay Chou as Takumi in Initial D brilliant choice

Street Fighter was really miscast when it came to characters and countries of origin, look at Van Dam as a yank and kylie as a brit

I agree with Brett Sin City was brilliantly cast, Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke and my personal fave, Elijah Wood (normally this guy pisses me off in all his films) as The Man was great he plays the deranged ninja cannibal really well

Spiderman - My problem with this is simple, they used Willem Dafoe as the Green Goblin which was perfect he's the perfect blend of insanity and sensibility and then they put a mask on him WHY?????? His face is brilliant perfect fopr the goblins smile and laugh, why cover it all up with a helmet. So disappointing

brynthaboss said:
why put a mask on. well if they dint spiderman would have known who the green goblin wa.

Oh come on this is comic book world, Lois Lane didn't know CLarke was Superman and it only took a pair of glasses.

Instead of a helmet they could have used a latex style mask and that would have allowed his facial expressions to show through

Another mis-casting for me is Alexander. Colin Farrell, Angie Jolie and what was up with Val Kilmer :shock:

I wouldn't have thought having Beat Takashi playing the lead role in Zatoichi was the perfect choice, but he was excellent and brought so much more to a great movie.

And your right about Lois Lane McIcy, How the hell did she get a job as a reporter, she wasn't that observent was she. Then again the same goes for the rest of the daily planet and the entire population of Smallville too.

kate bosworth as lois lane in the new superman movie. also didn't like kevin spacey as lex luthor. no where near as good as gene hackman or michael rosenbaum

the good:

also hugh jackman as wolverine but if i was to get really picky(and i will because im huge x-men fan) wolvy is only like 5 foot and hugh is well over 6!

angelina jolie as lara croft was perfect!

jamie lee curtis in the first 2 halloween movies was also amazing casting!

ryder and slater in the heathers also amazing casting

the bad:

i loved the whole cast of sin city except for one... clive owen... it was awful. and i like him usually but he was wooful in sin city!

anna paquin as rogue in x-men!!!!? what the ****?

oh and ian mckealan(spelling?) as magneto. mangeto is supposed to be a hansome older man not all dust and bones!

Guyver 0 said:
Orlando bloom in anything is bad casting
True, he usually has the opposite effect on me than that of what any film company hopes he will on female film viewers.

Bad Casting:
Gary Oldman and David Thewlis as Sirius and Lupin in the Harry Potter films, though it's also just that film in it's entirety, the only one of the films that i have never been able to enjoy, Alfonso Cuarón was a terrible director (though thats getting into directors now aswell)

I think theres a few dodgy ones in alot of the super hero movies aswell, i could never really be bothered with Superman mostly i think because of the casting

Back