Monster set for live action adaptation

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
According to Anime Nation, large American movie publisher New Line Cinema has bought the rights to produce a live action adaptation of Naoki Urasawa's mystery manga series Monster. The 70+ episodes Monster anime series is currently airing on Japanese TV to rave reviews and Urasawa's original manga series was a best seller in Japan too.

A I said before, this is actually one live action adaptation that I'm interested in! I'll reserve any real interest though for the time the actors are announced, that could be the killer for me, if some pantsy actors are chosen :(

Ramen89 said:
Maybe I'll have to start watching this then.

You should anyway! It's one of those anime I think everyone should watch (being the right age of course!!), I wouldn't let my son watch it, he's 11 but I felt the content was a little too mature for him.

Ramen89 said:
Whats it about, hospitals or something?

To name but a few subjects; Neo-nazis, cross dressers, evil geniuses, unhinged loonatics. It's a realistic show and disturbing for all the right reasons, there is no fan-service and no superpowers. Suffice to say, alongside Gankutsuou and possibly Kurau: Phantom Memory, Monster is one of the best new series to come out of Japan in the last few years.

Paul said:
Ramen89 said:
Whats it about, hospitals or something?

To name but a few subjects; Neo-nazis, cross dressers, evil geniuses, unhinged loonatics. It's a realistic show and disturbing for all the right reasons, there is no fan-service and no superpowers. Suffice to say, alongside Gankutsuou and possibly Kurau: Phantom Memory, Monster is one of the best new series to come out of Japan in the last few years.

Only 1 cross dresser so far :lol:

Back