"Monies"

Just a forum feature really no real point to them, you get them for for posting (more if you do a long indepth post I think though I could be wrong) , starting topics etc... . You can donate them to others too and recieve donations from others. Just a fun additional , if rather pointless feature. :)

So basiclly there jsut a thing that goes up and down when recieved and gived?

And they have no point.... why did anyone bother making it in the first place :?

It's basically just a fun forum feature. They have about as much point as post counts, but place more relevance on things like length of posts and creating threads. There are ways that I could make them more relevant, like setting up a make believe shop where nifty little imaginary things can be bought with your monies :)

There's a yaoi site I belong to and they use their monies by having a bank and a shop and people offer to make avatars/sigs etc, plus there are certain things you can donwload etc with your money. They have a lottery which you pay to enter and then you can win more monies. It'd be fun if we could maybe do something like that with our monies one day?!

Miaka-chan said:
There's a yaoi site I belong to and they use their monies by having a bank and a shop and people offer to make avatars/sigs etc, plus there are certain things you can donwload etc with your money. They have a lottery which you pay to enter and then you can win more monies. It'd be fun if we could maybe do something like that with our monies one day?!

Certainly sounds like it would be good to be able to do something worthwhile with monies eventually.

I've found a few things and will be looking to add some new features over the coming 10 days or so :) This could be fun! We may need a "shop keeper" though....

Not at all, I only pay IRC visits now and again, and being op-ed doesn't concern me at all, since I tend to work through PMs most of the time and talking doesn't require being op-ed.

We could ask ADV and MVM etc to donate DVD's each month, to the shop, and we get to buy things with our monies, this is never going to happen but it's always worth a try :p :p

i have vague memories of the 'monies' being called 'woolongs' many moons ago...i'm sure there's a way of using them to get special offers or something. i'll get back to you on that one.

Back