Megadeth - Endgame

shira

Shinigami
I figured this place needed a new topic so i'd make one for the new album that's out next month 8)

I bought Metal Hammer today (Dave Mustaine was interviewed in it) and he's announced that Endgame is going to be his last album due to the fact he needs more surgery on his hands. Regarding this i've got a few questions to some of you;

1) Do you think he'll still tour, or when he says he's retiring, do you think he genuinly means he is no longer gonna be touring or producing records? It'd be a pisser if I didn't get to see Megadeth live properly before he retires...

2) When he retires will Megadeth merchandise still be produced and sold? Not neccessarily new stuff, but the tee's, flags', posters etc. that are currently produced. Or, will they be discontinued?

Oh and any discussion about the album is obviously welcome. (I'm listening to Headcrusher now 8))

Just started listening a few minutes ago and this album is insane. I'm only on "This Day We Fight", but, srsly, this is awesome.

Broderick seriously shows his **** in the first (instrumental) track.

I'm one happy Megadeth fan 8) 8)

I'm a bit underwhelmed at the moment if i'm being completely honest. I'll give it a few more listens and see how it goes. The last album, United Abominations, had the same effect on me with no real stand out songs that I could pick out but it's grown on me.

Sy said:
I'm a bit underwhelmed at the moment if i'm being completely honest. I'll give it a few more listens and see how it goes. The last album, United Abominations, had the same effect on me with no real stand out songs that I could pick out but it's grown on me.

Dude what!?

44 Minutes

That track is just immense man.

That's one of my favorites on the album. The "Ballad" is awesome too, Hardest Part of Letting Go.

Seriously though.

I'm loving the album.

i got this album today and so far it sounds great, personally i think Megadeth were always better than Metallica to be honest (Mustaine did write half the songs on Kill 'em All afterall) :roll:

memorium said:
i got this album today and so far it sounds great, personally i think Megadeth were always better than Metallica to be honest (Mustaine did write half the songs on Kill 'em All afterall) :roll:

Album is great indeed.

However Megadeth v Metallica... I hold no preference. The argument about Dave writing their songs could only ever be valid for so long. Sure he wrote a lot of Kill 'Em All and the riff to "Ride the Lightning" plus other bits but, the bottom line is, they can't keep using his material.

Metallica write awesome music, and live, they're awesome too. I love em both :) :p

true, i just only like Metallica's first 5 albums, and the odd bits of Load, Reload and Garage Inc (which has the awesome Whiskey in The Jar cover :D ) but St. Anger was just awful to be honest

at least Metallica is a band, whereas Megadeth seems to be more or less "The Dave Mustaine Project"

memorium said:
true, i just only like Metallica's first 5 albums, and the odd bits of Load, Reload and Garage Inc (which has the awesome Whiskey in The Jar cover :D ) but St. Anger was just awful to be honest

at least Metallica is a band, whereas Megadeth seems to be more or less "The Dave Mustaine Project"

St. Anger was awful, you're right, however Death Magnetic kicked ass :p ;)

And yes, The Dave Mustaine Project is good :lol:

I think Megadeth will settle with this lineup though now. LoMenzo and Shawn have been there for a while and Broderick is too good to leave. He's amazing, he really is. They'd have a hard job replacing him, srsly.

Unforgivable sacrilege for even SUGGESTING that MegaDave will retire.

Endgame continues to stomp colon around the world, whereas Metallica; although still kicking considerable ass-- seem to be sobbing over their memento mori rings and Napster affidavits.

ENDGAME.

Kurogane said:
Unforgivable sacrilege for even SUGGESTING that MegaDave will retire.

Endgame continues to stomp colon around the world, whereas Metallica; although still kicking considerable ass-- seem to be sobbing over their memento mori rings and Napster affidavits.

ENDGAME.

**** yeaaah mon.

Been ages since you been around too.

Endgame is still kicking ass 8)

Endgame is such a killer album,i got it on the day of its release and i,m still listening to it daily,it gets better with every listen,Megadeth at there best and easily one of the top albums of last year and considering how good United Abominations was Endgame just blew me away.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
I haven't listened to the album yet, howeverrr, I've got the song "1,320" on my iTunes which I've really taken a liking to

Get the whole album down yer neck 8)

Endgame is such a killer album,i got it on the day of its release and i,m still listening to it daily,it gets better with every listen,Megadeth at there best and easily one of the top albums of last year and considering how good United Abominations was Endgame just blew me away.

**** yeah bra'. Album is intense. "This is How the Story Ends" has grown on me a lot.

Back