Marvel comic characters to be adapted for anime by Madhouse

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
<a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/25/business/media/25marvel.html?_r=1&ref=media&oref=slogin">In a recent article published on the NYTimes.com website</a>, US comic book publishers <em><strong>Marvel Entertainment</strong></em> (famous for their superhero comic series like <em>Spiderman </em>and<em> X-men</em>) and the anime studio <em><strong>Madhouse </strong></em>(Ninja Scroll, Paranoia Agent) have announced their intentions to "develop new versions of its characters for four anime series that will premiere in spring 2010 in Japan". Although no specific <em>Marvel </em>titles were announced for this project, the article specifically mentions some "manga-influenced" drawings of<strong><em> Iron Man</em></strong>.

I'm interested what the Japanese take on western superheroes will be like. Though to be honest, Marvel characters like Iron Man seem pretty well covered by American cinema anyway.

I've heard some sort of re-imagining of the origins of some marvel super heroes. To be honest, I liked the batman stuff, hope marvel does justice their amazing franchises.

Oh God, I've said I'd love to see Marvel characters re-imagined like this so many times, and now it happens! I should start hoping for more.

Sy said:
chaos said:
o.0 spider has a mecha!!!!!
Yeah yeah yeaaaaaaah WOW!
My words exactly... I need to see more!!! =D it just remind me of some weird cross over between spider man and power rangers... I know super sentai is huge in japan, but that's is simply too absurd.. well, wait a moment. I'm talking about super heroes here, isn't it?

Maybe Top Cow's Witchblade anime was successful enough, or done well enough to encourage Marvel to let some of their characters be used. Also if it works out they could make a haul redoing a load of their comics for a Japanese audience.

Back