Manga UK to release Goblin Slayer, Fruits Basket and more!

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Manga UK's online store has revealed listings for a number of their upcoming Q4 anime titles, including Goblin Slayer, Fruits Basket, and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime!

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I'll be picking up their release of Fruits Basket, Goblin Slayer, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime as well as Soul Eater if that ever gets released properly.

In for Fruits Basket and Goblin Slayer, may get Samurai Jack too depending on the packaging.

Soul Eater BD, Fruits Basket 2019 CE and Slime are immediate pickups for me.
Don't care about Goblin Slayer.
Other than that great releases Manga UK

I thought Sony Pictures UK was going to release Goblin Slayer on DVD and Blu-ray since Sony Pictures Japan releases Goblin Slayer on DVD and Blu-ray in Japan.

Out of interest, regarding the Steven Universe and Adventure Time releases, is there any confirmation of whether they will be edited matching the currently available digital copies in the UK or uncensored matching the AUS DVD & BD releases? I’m personally a huge fan of both and would love to purchase these but only if they were uncensored; I see no point in having them ruined. And yes, I’m aware these aren’t anime - trust me, I know :p

I thought Sony Pictures UK was going to release Goblin Slayer on DVD and Blu-ray since Sony Pictures Japan releases Goblin Slayer on DVD and Blu-ray in Japan.

Sony Pictures UK (and probably Sony Universal Australia, for that matter) pretty much gave up with anime a long time ago. That's why Manga (and Madman/Funimation Australia) took over the releases for Black Clover from Part 2 onwards. In fact, based on the BBFC records, it seems that Manga is re-releasing Season 2 of My Hero Academia.

I will be honest the maid dragon omission did surprise me but it does seem now it’s Shonen or Fantasy nothing else is coming. It gets annoying that I think every show I liked last year that is licensed in America isn’t here. free, Tsurune, Run with the wind. I guess VE is licensed but Mia.

Manga won't bother with the catalog because most people would have gone for the US release (or even the Essentials version which is even cheaper). Pretty much they're focusing solely on the more popular titles, for instance, Goblin Slayer and Slime were among the big titles of the Autumn 2018 season. Zombieland Saga is the other big title from that season which I suspect Manga will likely release once Funi adds it to their schedule, and Fairy Tail Final Season may as well get brought over considering there are only around 4 parts left to wrap up the releases - granted we're missing Fairy Tail Zero for the UK (I reckon Funimation US will re-release Fairy Tail into massive collection sets like Madman's Guild Collection to make it quicker for newcomers to own the series i.e. 4-cour Blu-ray only sets).

With regards to Attack on Titan, Black Clover and My Hero Academia, I expect Manga to re-release those parts/season sets that were under Sony to be brought back to their label for consistency. We already knew since late June that My Hero Academia Season 2's extras had been rated under Manga so it's just a matter of when. Black Clover Part 1 I hope gets re-released for consistency reasons, while there's plenty of time for Attack on Titan Season 2 to return.

Back