Manga UK Reaffirms Haruhi Plans

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... miya-plans

Manga UK have clarified its plans for the Haruhi Suzumiya franchise with the following release dates:

31st October: Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya Part 2
21st November: The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
19th December: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Second Season & Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya Part 1 (Seperate releases; rather than being bundled together).

I'm assuming Haruhi-chan part 2 also contains Nyoron Churuya-san.

ConanThe3rd said:
Also, they're not too clear whether those are this year or next.
Knowing Manga UK, one will be delayed for ages, then the rest will be cancelled due to poor sales.

And it will be our fault.

Already have it all, except Disappearance which is somewhere between Iowa and my house >_>;

I have to say, Manga have chosen a very complicated release strategy for this series. Good that they timed the movie for the run up to Christmas though.

R

They chose the Wrong release stratagy for this series, which is to not sort any and all issues they had with what they have (Mono JP audio?) and then grow a culture of delays and cancellation around themselves.

One thing I don't get is, and I didn't get this with Summer Wars/TGWLTT either. Why release a double pack, then release the individual pieces seperately later?

For example, TGWLTT blu-ray isn't out on it's own yet, but it's been out with the double pack for ages now. Haruhi season 2 and Haruhi-chan 1 are both out as a double pack, but they're being released seperately in November.

Shuuya said:
Disappearance is never coming out.
You could say it might disappear from the schedule.

It's unusual that they kind of did this backwards with combining the two things in one set and release the separate parts later

I'll wait til' it's all out to decide whenever that day comes

Back