Manga are going to release Evangelion 2.0 Movie

Neferpitou

Stand User
Maybe kinda obvious already but MANGA have confirmed on twitter that they will be releasing the 2nd of the remake Evangelion movies. They are not sure of release date as of yet as they waiting on funimation to announce their respective release date. They also not sure if it will be either the 2.0 version or 2.22 extended version just of yet and whether they should just wait until a Blu Ray version is ready before releasing it in the UK.
<a href="http://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/14507415344">Source 1</a> <a href="http://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/14507462403">Source 2</a>

Funi haven't announced anything.

But I don't see how this could end up being anything other than 2.22 as not even Japan has had a disc release of 2.0. And I doubt Funi would be looked upon kindly for trying to force people into buying an inferior product intentionally at this stage.

It can only be 2.22 with a BD release, surely? Let's just hope it makes it's way over here a bit quicker than 1.11.

ConanThe3rd said:
Uh, Have Funi even announced they have Eva 2 yet?
Then good on Manga for getting the news out there. If you have a licence, friggin' tell us about it already! That's half the problem with anime distributors, they wait until last minute to publicise releases and then wonder why they don't sell so well. We need an anime News of the World to trick them into revealing things. :p

When you said "release" I got excited and thought you meant cinema release. But I should have known better, heh. Still, am definitely down for getting it in this country soon.

Having said that, was talking to Chaos about this after watching 2.0 with him, we all know that one day they're gonna do some massive 5 film boxset after it's all said and done. Am just wondering how many of us can wait for that without buying any of the others. But then I guess most of you already have bought Evangelion 1.11 right?

I can't wait for this, really interested from what I've heard of the film. I only watched 1.11 last Friday (I ended up waiting to get the DVD as a birthday present). Hopefully 2 won't be as long a wait...You are (not) alone was released the same month I started University- my final exam is this Saturday :lol:

Raz112 said:
When you said "release" I got excited and thought you meant cinema release. But I should have known better, heh. Still, am definitely down for getting it in this country soon.

Having said that, was talking to Chaos about this after watching 2.0 with him, we all know that one day they're gonna do some massive 5 film boxset after it's all said and done. Am just wondering how many of us can wait for that without buying any of the others. But then I guess most of you already have bought Evangelion 1.11 right?

Well their maybe a box set release eventually but it wouldn't be that unlikely for Manga to lose the license for the first film by the time last instalment has been out here for enough time for a box set to be viable. Maybe if the last film become massive hits someone like Sony may grab the license for UK release. Maybe even the last films may enter licensing in hell like Helling Ultimate volume 5+ is going through.

If you really want these film it best to buy them now or when the eventual price drop happens as no certainties in future that box set will ever come out.

I'm just gonna import the HK blu ray with English subs if it's confirmed region free and any good. Screw waiting as long as we did for 1.11 to hit over here.

Raz112 said:
Yeah, makes sense I guess if it's a tenner. Hmm...maybe I'll buy 1.11 right now...
The BD is a tenner at expo, which I beleive is the best price of the BD. Want me to get a copy for you?

Back