UK Anime Distributor Manga Animatsu Discussion Thread

SpaceDandy

Dandy Guy, in Space
I'd rather see the DVDs completely removed from all CE sets, with 3-4 episodes authored to multiple BD disc in a 4-5 panel Digipak, just like a Japanese release - now that would be heaven-sent for me... 😍
Having 3-4 episodes per disc is dumb, It seems good at first but if you check carefully most of the time it's using a BD25. Just great. You can cram up to 9 episodes on a BD50 and have it look as good as the original japanese release. IDP, a french distributor, has done this for years and their product are usually well authored.

Last edited:

Oldmario

Dandy Guy, in Space
I'd rather see the DVDs completely removed from all CE sets, with 3-4 episodes authored to multiple BD disc in a 4-5 panel Digipak, just like a Japanese release - now that would be heaven-sent for me... 😍
please not the digipaks, AL drive me nuts enough with them as it is

The release of the Hellsing Ultimate boxset has been pushed back 2 weeks.

yep yep, i knew Manga would announce MHAs3p2 right after the discount code ended on aol

Lambadelta

Za Warudo
they'd need to re-BBFC it because of the different format wouldn't they? I highly doubt there is any money to be made after that.

thedoctor2016

Shrine Maiden
SG0 finally only AOL at £45.

Oldmario

Dandy Guy, in Space
no consistency with the spines on all 3 seasons of My Hero Academia, manga still finding some way to bugger up a release even when they didn't have to author new discs

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
no consistency with the spines on all 3 seasons of My Hero Academia, manga still finding some way to bugger up a release even when they didn't have to author new discs
Hmm? Well Season 2 has been rated by Manga recently, so perhaps consistency can return.

thedoctor2016

Shrine Maiden
It does seem manga has more choice than say Madman has who seem to be just constantly releasing FUNi stuff. (Like Free S3 before the films
Like what??)