UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

So.its not mangas fault about all the cancellations either? 2 of which I placed pre orders not aren't coming out. Basically moral of the story is. Don't pre order manga stuff?

Ooo manga has a new representative. Welcome !
5-cosas-que-debes-saber-sobre-Evangelion-para-entenderlo-un-poco-mejor-3.png

Any idea when Manga UK will be releasing Dragon Ball Z Kai The Final Chapters?

Hahahaha, hello. I have no news to share at the moment, but I will post on here the moment I do.

Thanks, that's a shame!

It can't help but find it weird that Manga UK is releasing Super & assorted DBZ movies without finishing Kai. I preordered all of Kai from you but I haven't picked up any of the movies or Super because of this strange business decision; it makes me worry that this will be yet another series you don't release in full.

Guess I'll have to look at importing them from elsewhere :(

Thanks, that's a shame!

It can't help but find it weird that Manga UK is releasing Super & assorted DBZ movies without finishing Kai. I preordered all of Kai from you but I haven't picked up any of the movies or Super because of this strange business decision; it makes me worry that this will be yet another series you don't release in full.

Guess I'll have to look at importing them from elsewhere :(
In the states they have released it in parts, which I'm not a fan of.
I'd rather wait until they release it like the other kai sets first.
Then moan at fray if they don't follow suit.

I'm hoping it gets a "Final Chapters complete collection" set as well, if only to save shelf space but also for consistency as you mentioned.

Oh wow I didn't realise they'd cut it back that much o_O Edit: Oh wait, no they haven't it's roughly the same episode per disk as the UK releases.

I like consistency too but Manga do make that impossible sometimes, I have quite a few series that are part manga, part import due to them dropping it :(.

Oh wow I didn't realise they'd cut it back that much o_O Edit: Oh wait, no they haven't it's roughly the same episode per disk as the UK releases.

I like consistency too but Manga do make that impossible sometimes, I have quite a few series that are part manga, part import due to them dropping it :(.

We do our very best to keep releases coming, but sadly if people aren't buying it, our hands are tied. I know it's hard to believe, but we would like nothing more than to finish releasing stuff :(

We do our very best to keep releases coming, but sadly if people aren't buying it, our hands are tied. I know it's hard to believe, but we would like nothing more than to finish releasing stuff :(
Honestly I think it might be best to sit back and wait for Funimation to release a complete series collection anyway just in case. Since in case you didn't know the first series of Kai was actually released as two parts per season which was then re-released as a season set. So who knows that might be the best method to go for (waiting for a re-release). While I have yet to buy anything Dragon Ball I am up for waiting for a Kai Final Chapters complete set if it was possible (Super and the DBZ films I'll be getting UK sets for to save myself the hassle and support the current era of Mangatsu).

Isn't there a bit of a difference in episode counts between Seasons 1-4 and The Final Chapters? As far as I can tell the 2 Parts for Seasons 1-4 were all a split of like 26 episodes, whereas The Final Chapters are 60 odds split between 3 sets. Seems a bit much for a complete season set to me tbh (is it even one season?).

Isn't there a bit of a difference in episode counts between Seasons 1-4 and The Final Chapters? As far as I can tell the 2 Parts for Seasons 1-4 were all a split of like 26 episodes, whereas The Final Chapters are 60 odds split between 3 sets. Seems a bit much for a complete season set to me tbh (is it even one season?).
Now that I think about it, the Kai Final Chapters is actually 3 seasons. World Tournament Saga (ep 99-122), Majin Buu Saga (ep 123-140) and Evil Buu Saga (ep 141-167). So in other words, yeah I guess Manga may as well release the three part sets anyway.

I don't think they'll re-release Kai TFC. It's effectively a season set and selling at the price of one too.

Buu Kai never should have been 66 episodes in the first place, nor cropped, nor have a weird green tint, nor have awful music placement. Damn Toei. Since Buu Kai wasn't supposed to air in Japan originally seemed they just didn't put effort into it.

The problem is that with manga uk's history of not completing releases a lot of us are unwilling to risk buying part sets or ongoing anime seasons because of this. I've not noticed the other UK distributors doing it, though I believe MVM may have had 1 or 2 as this has been brought up before.

Back