UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

That link/message from Manga is just filled with confusion and more questions. Maybe use the year as well for release date. And "High School DxD Season 3 across DVD & Blu-ray" make it sound like the previous version that was the Blu ray/ DVD combo.

But I'm not gonna lie I immediately went for there must be too much "Srong Nudity" like season 4.

But with it being a "issue is related to BBFC classification only" I can only assume its not meant to be a "15" with season 2 & 4 both being 18. Did they even have to get it re-classified with there being a previous release or did they re author the disc's?

That link/message from Manga is just filled with confusion and more questions. Maybe use the year as well for release date. And "High School DxD Season 3 across DVD & Blu-ray" make it sound like the previous version that was the Blu ray/ DVD combo.

But I'm not gonna lie I immediately went for there must be too much "Srong Nudity" like season 4.

But with it being a "issue is related to BBFC classification only" I can only assume its not meant to be a "15" with season 2 & 4 both being 18. Did they even have to get it re-classified with there being a previous release or did they re author the disc's?
The thing is - this wouldn't have been a issue if they didn't re-submit the show for the BBFC because it was a 15 prior.

But because they re-submitted it, it jumped to an 18 despite the content and discs being the same. My guess is that there was a lack of communication between the packaging artist and whoever did the re-submission so something so small of a mistake ended up causing a major issue.

Worth noting that it's not just High School DxD Born and Prison School that got re-rated, even Fairy Tail which is a really long series was being re-rated again.

You have to send your High School DxD discs back. It’s the law!

If it's the law it's a very unenforcable one lol.

I really think they assumed it would stay 15 even with new rules on sexual violence though they were fine with breaking the law in regards to Code Geass so shrug

The Code Geass release was also my first thought. Part of me thinks they are doing this on purpose but they just got caught this time.

The Code Geass release was also my first thought. Part of me thinks they are doing this on purpose but they just got caught this time.

My thought is that it’s the new Funimation workflow process, and that this is what happens to all titles they release. They’ll probably rethink once their US overlords realise it’s a waste of money to re-rate previously released titles.

If they aren't going to release Golden Kamuy I'd rather see Manga cancel the releases all together instead of these constant delays.

It's now been delayed by over 9 months for a release that only requires certification and adding the ratings to the packaging. The US discs are already region AB.
Weren't the US releases Region A locked?

Anyway, given the delays it would not surprise me if Funimation decides to release Golden Kamuy as a Complete Seasons 1-2 collection in the US before Season 3 comes out. It would probably make more sense to do that at this point, especially given the BBFC stuff has already been sorted now.

Arifureta in limited edition has been returned from stores to the publisher and will be exchanged or have they destroyed everything? I was ordering from United Publications. They put my order on hold because some stickers were missing. And now they wrote back to me that it was withdrawn from sale by the publisher. What is going on here? I don't see it in stores and I don't think this sticker edition will come back, so I don't know what's going on here.

Arifureta in limited edition has been returned from stores to the publisher and will be exchanged or have they destroyed everything? I was ordering from United Publications. They put my order on hold because some stickers were missing. And now they wrote back to me that it was withdrawn from sale by the publisher. What is going on here? I don't see it in stores and I don't think this sticker edition will come back, so I don't know what's going on here.

I belive there was mention in the what did you receive photo thread, that it was missing one of the stickers
First up, ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 1 limited edition Blu-ray & DVD from Manga Entertainment. This set was delayed for a while (the standards were done and got released back as early as early November) and I ironically like the anime despite it's ridiculous amount of flaws. I bloody hope Asread and White Fox fix their ******** with the second season. My copy is also missing a Shea vinyl sticker, that bunny girl can't catch a break. You can view more photos and specs on my blog.

So I can only assume it is to do with the one missing rabbit girl sticker.

EDIT: you could try the version from Deff.com it mentions the extra's but doesn't show it in photo, so might be worth a message if you want to confirm exactly what your getting (I know i've bought akame ga kill CE box 2 from them before and from what I remember it was well packaged)
HMV also look to have it as well.

Last edited:
Yes, I know the problem, but I don't understand why some stores shipped anyway and United Publications did not. Additionally, if they froze their print run, why did they tell me it was withdrawn from sale? I'm guessing they sent it back to the Manga store who sent it then to Amazon Teach somewhere. Anyway, it's sold out now and I'm pissed. Those stickers interested me the least there. I like the UP1 store for their great prices, great packaging, but sometimes they do that to me and I get nervous.

Ahh ok, yeah no idea why UP1 didn't just ship as I'm guessing you order pretty early on, it possbile as they sell at a very reasonable price they can't afford/ don't want to incur a load of returns due to manafactures failures, so when they see other retailers or forums mention these sort of problems they freeze dispatching on the item to aviod heavy levels of returns. But yeah no real idea of there exact reasons.

I should clarify that I did receive my ARIFURETA LE from United Publications which I ordered around early October (the other Funi LEs I grabbed recently were via MVM's Anime-on-Line instead during their Halloween sale).

Back