MAME#3 out now~!

voxie

Completely Average High School Student
Wasn't sure where to put this this, but here I'm plugging the website through which we sell our actual, dead-tree fanzine MAME. It's a fanzine that I think has been somewhat a fanscene ghost for the past, hmm, four years? o_o

Well, now we're back with a new outlook as well as inlook, suffice to say ~ www.mamezine.org.uk :p

For those not in the know (which would be ALOT of people), MAMEzine is possibly the only anime/manga fanzine designed for and by the UK fanscene, and is filled with just about everything a fan needs to know at the time of publication! :lol: If it isn't, well, someone had better write in and tell us what we're missing! :)

A brief description of the faffle contained:
FAN SCENE HIGHLIGHTS, the anime and manga revolution is upon us, here we list some of the major UK events that have been happening during our hiatus. COMICS by Claire Sears, Andy Marc & Rebecca McCarthy, and Sonia Leong! ARTICLES on Shojo Beat by Laura Watton, the London Expo by Rebecca McCarthy, and Ayacon 5 by Scott Johnson. PLUS Reviews on anime, fanzines and a short interview with Kat Herning from the IMAF team! (More to see on the website!)

Hopefully there will be more information at your local anime clubs/conventions soon...!!

cover-sample2.jpg

MAMEzine - "Chronicling Creative Fandom in the UK"
MAME#1 & #2 SOLD OUT, MAME#3 £1.50
You make it what it is, you make it what it isn't! ~ http://www.mamezine.org.uk ^^

EDIT: Added image!

not trying to berate your work or anything (its a good idea) but even with fan work wouldn't u need copywrite permision to use characters from animes in a fanzine even if its fan drawn?

i'm sure that drawing of a character without permison and selling it breaks the law. (just making sure before u get a law suit on u :p) if i'm wrong ignore me

Ryo Chan: Yeah we are concerned about this, but as we are a fanzine, that makes like, no money out of it, we are more or less promoting such things. :)

Shafutard: Yes, we get that sometimes. Well, I love my games, but it's not about emulators. Speaking of which, we do hope to have more games articles in M#4, PM me if interested ^^

Back