Long interview with Final Fantasy artist Yoshitaka Amano

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
1UP.com have produced a detailed article and intervew with Yoshitaka Amano - the legendary Japanese character designer who has famously worked on the Final Fantasy franchise since its humble beginnings, as well as also contributing his artistic talent to many anime productions, notably including Mamoru Oshii's experimental movie Angel's Egg and Vampire Hunter D.<ul class="menu">"Yoshitaka Amano: Did you guys know that in Japanese music textbooks in elementary school, they have Final Fantasy music in them? I think that Final Fantasy as a game is spreading out into Japan's culture, and that's really cool. Great music lasts 50 years, 100 years, whatever. The singer may not last that long, but the music does, and it passes on through generations. That's what I felt when I heard the orchestra playing the Final Fantasy music. I thought that was nice."</ul>

wow that's an impressive interview, you don't seem to get many with Amano. I like the way they used videos too instead of just text although it got a bit confusing with reading the same stuff as on the video and maybe a little too much stuff about the interviewer.

Very impressive interview, its not surprising that Final Fantasy as intergrated itself so much into the culture, with the huge following it has theres no wonder its music is used in school classrooms. Also did you know that one of the current UK advertising campaigns uses music which was written to celebrate final fantasy (just can't remember which ad it is).

Back