london expo? yes or no

sasuke1992

Completely Average High School Student
Hi everyone, I have a question to do with the london expo, should I go? I mean I broke up with my BF 2 days ago, two years we had been together and in those two years we always went to the expo together, hotel room, travelling up. The experiance was something I could always enjoy and couldn't wait for.

I found out from a friend that he is still going, does it sound wierd if i say im abit shocked by it? I mean that was something we did together and the fact he is still going does that mean that it didnt mean anything?

I still want to go but I just dont know, I love the expo and have been going since 2008 (thats where we met). I feel that I want to go but at the same time I don't want to go in fear of seeing him/ seeing him with someone else.
:(

I just dont know what to do

You should never allow an ex control your life in this sort of way. If you enjoyed the event then you should go. He's not staying away, why should you?

And if you're still worried with over 40,000 visitors the chances of you running into each other is small. Go for it.

So what if he is with someone else? Just be all like..

iaintevenmad.jpg

..and this other persons a guy, right? If you see him with someone else, at least it looks like you're with someone else too.

thank you everyone for your advice and opinions, I know it shouldn't let him bother me but it still stings, I will probably be ok by the time of the expo, I just hurt from it and the fact that he sees everything still the same in his life but with me I feel betrayed and broken, I know I should carry on but I just feel so garrr!

I know that I will probably not see him, but it would be typical if I do, I know I should just let it go, I really am looking forward to meeting billy west and the rest of the cast of futurama :D, sorry to be a downer on you all just needing some venting

sasuke1992 said:
thank you everyone for your advice and opinions, I know it shouldn't let him bother me but it still stings, I will probably be ok by the time of the expo, I just hurt from it and the fact that he sees everything still the same in his life but with me I feel betrayed and broken, I know I should carry on but I just feel so garrr!

I know that I will probably not see him, but it would be typical if I do, I know I should just let it go, I really am looking forward to meeting billy west and the rest of the cast of futurama :D, sorry to be a downer on you all just needing some venting
Mind if I asked what happened?

Wouldn't worry about it, obviousl breaking up hurts. But don't let it put you off going to something you enjoy.

As said before, the chances of seeing each other are slim, hell i try to make an effort to go round and see all the AUKN'ers that are present and for the most part its a case of waiting till the meet up at midday because most of the time you'll overlook people your looking for because of the volume of people there :p

I haven't been to an expo in years, but you should still go even if he is going, have a good time and if you do see him, just let it be.

The excel is so big, they fit a bat mobile inside it! Somehow amongst all the hordes of otaku's, I doubt you'll see him, let alone recognise him...

tHanks everyone for all your comments, I went with my cousin and my friend in the end. I enjoyed it a lot and saw some amazing cosplays, I did see him more than once, I didn't talk to him and just walked past him, I don't think he saw me but I found out when I got home that he had wanted to talk to me, he was the one who blocked me and he wanted to talk he knows where I am so I don't know what was so difficult for him to find me, but I think I may miss the October one, I did enjoy it but nothing really wowed me at this one, though I did meet the lion man :eek:

Glad you enjoyed it - I went for the first time in 4 years without my ex, and enjoyed catching up with friends.

I wasn't wowed either, but I'm glad I went :)

Back