London Expo 2008 news

Aion said:
Dave said:
LOL, Manga are by country mile strongest name in the UK for anime from the very moment they entered the UK anime industry with the release of Akira onwards.

You misunderstand what I'm saying. Manga Entertainment are well known since they've distributing anime when VHS releases were still the way to go, but they also had a bad reputation until very recently. They've managed to repair the damage their past releases have done by not screwing up their Bleach and Death Note releases.

Reputation is more important than age. Before Manga started to improve their quality I wasn't too tempted to even touch their cheap releases out of quality fears. Now it's different.

Well reputation means nothing today anime industry, The most respected and most polished dvd releases in the USA came from the now bust Geneon which is a testament to that fact. While The fury over the Dragon Ball Z box sets has done nothing to stop it becoming the best selling anime of the year in the USA.

The UK fans who care about this supreme quality and are willing to wait for UK release instead of importing months earlier are very few and far between. That why you get expensive box set limited to 500 from beez while the cheap naruto box from the well known Manga sets sell around averagely not far off 10,000 each.

No mention about Kurau 5 & 6 , or the second season of Ah My Goddess yet? Man that sucks the big donkey.
Blood+ is currently too expensive for a UK release.
Yeah and the rest of the world outside of Japan too it seems. Wake up and smell the bacon Sony. :roll:

So, someone tell me again why One Piece [Funimation dub] can't get a UK release?

Peferably by that one guy who complains a lot, Conan-san was it? Hit me up, man.

Lupus Inu said:
So, someone tell me again why One Piece [Funimation dub] can't get a UK release?

Peferably by that one guy who complains a lot, Conan-san was it? Hit me up, man.
The general idea seems to be that one of the European rights holders is messing it up for us.

Lupus Inu said:

He may complain a lot, but he does make some good points.

Back