League of Legends

I've dabbled in bits of it before, but with various work going on I don't really have time to invest in that sort of gaming anymore.

I played it but then I thought "between the people who just declare that they're going in this lane and then say nothing else for the rest of the game, the trolls, the deluded, the near constant BM, the lack of proper team play, the bigotry, being constantly bellowed at because I can't be in three places at once (I played Jungle because of the first reason) and the monotony of vast swathes of the early to mid game, am I actually having fun?"

I decided that no I wasn't (and this was after playing the game for some time) and went back to Starcraft 2.

GRCC said:
I played it but then I thought "between the people who just declare that they're going in this lane and then say nothing else for the rest of the game, the trolls, the deluded, the near constant BM, the lack of proper team play, the bigotry, being constantly bellowed at because I can't be in three places at once (I played Jungle because of the first reason) and the monotony of vast swathes of the early to mid game, am I actually having fun?"

I decided that no I wasn't (and this was after playing the game for some time) and went back to Starcraft 2.
odd, most of the more experienced players I know hate the late game and love laning. Draft pick resolves most of the lane calling problems, if only by giving enough time to discuss it when a conflict arises. Team captain practically has to pick top or jungle, and picking mid lane is a game of chicken so you don't get counter picked.

Draft pick can only take you so far though, you've still got the problem of people stubbornly sticking to their guns about who they're playing and where even when it means someone else will have to go with their hero in a lane they shouldn't be anywhere near. I've had to play Garen in mid and solo many times because one person playing a proper mid hero decided that, despite raising no objections when the heroes were picked, he was going top on his own. All they'd say was "Garen mid", "GAREN mid", "GAREN MID NOW!" over and over again. So for me I think it's a game where you need a circle of friends around you that aren't going to go ape about every minor thing. Public games are a mixture of crap shoot and Russian roulette.

All that being said I did find my Sentry and High Templar control in SC2 improved somewhat after playing MOBAs for a while.

Too many times it's a server problem causing you to miss them having called the lane, if this happens queue dodge. (it's not DOTA 2 there isn't that much of a penalty unless it's a promotion game, 90 second delay on joining queue for first offence).

In EU there are no proper mid heroes, literally anyone works unless countered so long as you can doge skillshots and have some wave clear. So unless the opposing mid had a DoT (Teemo) you would be fine.

Back