King Of Fighters

McIcy

Mushi-shi
NO THIS IS NOT IN THE WRONG SECTION

King of Fighters licencing rights has been sold to a film complany, Double Edge Entertainment have aquired the rights to make a feature film based on the beat-em-up. Director Gordon Chan (Directed/Wrote The Medallion with Jackie Chan and Lee Evans) has also been rumoured to be involved in the project, but the real question will be what approach will they take with the film.

Will it be a Mortal Kombat, DOA martial arts contest fighter or a Street Fighter sorta story driven action film?

McIcy said:

King of Fighters licencing rights has been sold to a film complany, Double Edge Entertainment have aquired the rights to make a feature film based on the beat-em-up. Director Gordon Chan (Directed/Wrote The Medallion with Jackie Chan and Lee Evans) has also been rumoured to be involved in the project, but the real question will be what approach will they take with the film.

Will it be a Mortal Kombat, DOA martial arts contest fighter or a Street Fighter sorta story driven action film?

Hopefully it will be a mortal kombat kind of movie because everyone knows the DOA movies sucked. But this sounds like some goods news hope to see something great out of this and not another mistake like DOA

Pomtry said:
McIcy said:

Hopefully it will be a mortal kombat kind of movie because everyone knows the DOA movies sucked. But this sounds like some goods news hope to see something great out of this and not another mistake like DOA

The MK movies were no Spielberg production either, y'know. :lol:

They seem to like the idea of making films from fighting games now don't they? I don't think this will work, much like DOA and street fighter. I would presume though, that the film will follow a slightly similar route to street fighter and follow a story, however bad it may turn out to be.

Now all we need is to hear more about that Soul Calibur movie that is "in the making"

skikes said:
everytime i hear about a new video game adaptation i always pointlessly optimistic... i really hope this is good.

Your not the only one dude, we all feel that way the joy at seeing our fave characters battling it out for the fate of the world and then we see it and our hearts sink and we remember all the previous outings we have had to endure and cry a little inside

One day someone will make a good game-> movie conversion... and on that day Uwe Boll will be swallowed up by the earth...

Back