Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

Miaka-chan

Stand User
After having just finished reading the manga and now watching KKJ again, I decided it wouldn't hurt to recommend this to everyone!

It's a shoujo/magical girl anime full of comedy and romance too :D

The basis of the story is Joan of Arc is reincarnated as Maron Kusakabe and Maron's mission is to save Kami (God) and the world from Maou (The Devil) and lotsa nasty demons that take over the hearts of good, pure people. She's a very lonely girl, abandoned by her parents and living alone but full of strong character and a will to survive on her own.
Kamikaze is translated as Gods Wind and Kaitou as thief or bandit and the story tells of Jeanne's (Joan) fight against sealing these demons. She has a rival in the guise of Kaitou Sinbad (not sure of the origins of his name though!!). Both Jeanne and Sinbad are assisted in their missions by apprentice angels only seen by them.
Although it has a magical girl type content, the show isn't taken over by immensely long transformation scenes and Maron is the only one who transforms anyway!
It is full of very likeable characters, including Maron's best friend Miyako who is the daughter of a detective incharge of capturing Jeanne and along with 4 incompetent but very funny officers and a huge police force never seem able to catch her.
There's Chiaki, the cool guy who just moved in next door, with a big secret (you should be able to guess what it is without even watching the show!! :wink: ) who Miyako instantly falls in love with and Maron has an instant dislike to.

The story itself starts off very light hearted, following a trail of mystery and history :lol: , as I said it has lots of comedy eliments but also some very sad and emotional times. It turns a little more serious 2/3rds of the way through and has a very pleasing ending.
The anime follows the manga quite well but I do prefer tha anime, it has some lovely incidental music that's very inkeeping with the storyline and has 2 very enjoyable op & ed themes.
I wouldn't say you have to be a true shoujo fan to enjoy this anime but just be a little open minded when it comes to the reincarnation of historical characters (I don't remember Joan of Arc - in history lessons!! - being quite the way she's portrayed here but it's still a very interesting and different topic!!) :D

Back