Kaiba (New Series)

Taylor

Vampire Ninja
Ok im not very good at these review type things so i will keep it short and sweet. (Oh and i didnt see any other post about it so i thought id start one).

The animation on this series is... odd... but yet i like it. When i first started watching it i had no idea what was going on, still dont sometimes.
The person who came up with the whole story... has to be insane :p Buts its so addictive.

If you havent seen it yet, you should take a look. Even if you dont like watching fansubs atleast watch the first episode.

This is going to be a definate buy when its out on dvd.

What does everyone else think about this series?

Everyone has covered how perplexing and fascinating it is on their blogs, so I won't bother with that. I'm enjoying it entirely based upon its surface value. I keep feeling I'm missing something quite big, I was even confused for a while as to who the strange white animal thing was.. I think I totally missed the mind-swapping scene or something.

I like it.. I'll probably get it if it ever gets licensed. I don't think it'll ever get dubbed, though.

By the by, The OP and ED are -amazing-.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayme said:
Everyone has covered how perplexing and fascinating it is on their blogs, so I won't bother with that. I'm enjoying it entirely based upon its surface value. I keep feeling I'm missing something quite big, I was even confused for a while as to who the strange white animal thing was.. I think I totally missed the mind-swapping scene or something.

I like it.. I'll probably get it if it ever gets licensed. I don't think it'll ever get dubbed, though.

By the by, The OP and ED are -amazing-.

The opening and ending are amazing, the opening rythem is stuck in my head and i keep listening to it >.<

It is such an awesome series... Really pulls your emotions to the surface :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That scene confused me too but as of episode #3 it becomes truly excellent. One of the highlights of the new season I think.

I've seen the opening and ending at you tube... the animation style is really different, not something I would pick without being highly recommended... I'm still unsure I want to see it..

chaos said:
I've seen the opening and ending at you tube... the animation style is really different, not something I would pick without being highly recommended... I'm still unsure I want to see it..

Just try it out mate, i didnt think id like it but so far im enjoying it, in a strange way.

The Ending and Opening were... erm... ok, I guess, but not what I was expecting. As for ze anime itself, I may give it shot if I can even be assed Youtube'ing what little anime episodes that haven't been deleted.

The best show coming out at the moment, imo.

At the heart of it, it's an epic romance in a scifi setting. Epic in the more classic sense, rather than "omg awesumz11" (though it is fairly awesome).

The story is largely a mystery so far, although there've been enough hints given so keep people guessing - it's certainly got me hooked.

The artwork, music and direction are all quite different from your usual anime series, although as with all things different they stand a chance of putting people off.

The themes of memory, identity, body and soul are explored quite well in the episodes, although I think it'd be improved by less rhetorical points - but then I think that about everything.

For me, it holds that 'magic' feeling that Ghiblis do. The animation, music and mystery of the story-line contribute to this. It has a kind of feeling that you're watching it in an empty space, does anyone relate to that?

Back