Japan to get Hatsune Miku PS Vita

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Source: ANN.

256391.jpg

To celebrate the 30th August release date of the PlayStation Vita game "Next Hatsune Miku Project Diva" in Japan, Sony have announced that customers will be able to buy a limited edition white PlayStation Vita that features artwork on Hatsune Miku on the rear touch pad. The bundle will include the console, the game, a 4GB memory card, a screen protector film with an original design, an original augmented reality card, print documentation and the other boring stuff (like leads etc).

As with standard PS Vitas, it will be available as either a 3G model (with a pre-paid SIM card with a 20-hour data plan) or as a Wi-Fi only model. The 3G version will cost 39,980-yen (£311.84), while the Wi-Fi only model costs £272.84. This is actually only about £50 more than it would cost to buy a Vita, a game and a 4GB memory card over here...(but Mr. Customs Officer will certainly sodomise you for trying, if you could find it to buy xD).

Sony will also be releasing a plain white model (without Hatsune Miku) in June.

When I saw it this morning I was more than a bit tempted, even though I don't usually like white and she's not my favourite Vocaloid. It looks lovely. But I will continue to hold on stubbornly for a definitive must-have game to come out on that platform, I think :s

(And maybe by then there'll be another sequel with a Rin model!)

R

^ What about Gravity Daze? That's looking pretty 'must have' for me. Though if I was a fan of the old hologram songstress (which I don't think I am), I would just get a regular Vita and slap a sticker of her on the back, bob's your uncle!

Rui said:
(And maybe by then there'll be another sequel with a Rin model!)
lol, good luck with that one.

Anywho, as I mentioned in the general thread, I really want this, provided I can sell my current Vita.

Back