Italy's successful GXT bodes well for UK TV launch

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
UKAnime.com have spotted a recent media article about the apparent success of Italy's anime carrying GXT (they broadcast the likes of Inuyasha, X TV and GTO). For those unfamiliar with this channel, it has been said that a UK launch of GXT could be in the pipeline, providing it proves to be successful in Italy first.<ul class="menu">"The new channel (GXT) hasn't done too badly... doubling the share targets set out by Jetix Europe."
"At the end of the year, Jetix Europe will evaluate the channel's ratings performance and ad revenues to determine whether it could be marketable on a global scale. If GXT does work, the company will kick off its expansion efforts in territories where a Jetix channel is currently up and running and where there may be a similar lack of teen-targeted broadcast outlets."</ul>Click here to read the full article at <a href="http://www.kidscreen.com/articles/magazine/20051001/gini.html">KidsScreen Magazine</a>.

The only part that concerns me about this article is "where there may be a similar lack of teen-targeted broadcast outlets". Except for the anime, almost everything on Italy's GXT channel (WWE, Takeshi's Castle, extreme sports) is already being covered by other channels. It will be a lot harder for them to launch over here.

That said, I think there is a good chance we may well see GXT over here eventually and combined with Rapture, the UK could see a real anime boom in 2006.

DaNiMé said:
lol WHOOP WHOOP!

whats Takeshi's Castle? :shock:
A japanese gameshow where people get hurt. It's pretty funny and Craig Charles who does the commentary adds alot to the humor. You can see it on Challenge and Trouble over here in the UK.

Oh yeah, I really hope we get GXT over here, if we get it maybe othet channels will realise that there is an audience for anime in the UK, like Sci Fi for example.

YAY! i will hopefully be getting Sky on the 31st (Monday i think), but my dad keeps on moving it back and back, from the 21st to the 22nd then 31st :? . It better be here by Raptures launch lol :shock: :!:

DaNiMé said:
YAY! i will hopefully be getting Sky on the 31st (Monday i think), but my dad keeps on moving it back and back, from the 21st to the 22nd then 31st :? . It better be here by Raptures launch lol :shock: :!:
Well the anime doesn't start until the 17th, so as long as you have it for then. By the way, when does the other anime title get announced for Rapture? And does anyone have a full list of what shows are actually on GXT in Italy?

Well, if X TV's coming over, then I'm interested.
Paul said:
The only part that concerns me about this article is "where there may be a similar lack of teen-targeted broadcast outlets". Except for the anime, almost everything on Italy's GXT channel (WWE, Takeshi's Castle, extreme sports) is already being covered by other channels. It will be a lot harder for them to launch over here.

I suppose if it does also show stuff like Takeshi's Castle and Wrestling, it may have an advantage by keeping it all on the same channel. At least then if you want to watch both then you wouldn't miss part of one by switching over...

And there's no guarantee that it'd show exactly the same stuff as in Italy... just mostly.

Chibi Yosho said:
DaNiMé said:
Well the anime doesn't start until the 17th, so as long as you have it for then. By the way, when does the other anime title get announced for Rapture? And does anyone have a full list of what shows are actually on GXT in Italy?

Rapture will be announcing their other anime series at next weekend's London Expo. My guess is that it will be Fullmetal Alchemist but then again, I didn't expect them to pick up Wolf's Rain so there is certainly a random factor in there!

I'm still sure that a long time ago someone posted saying Yu Yu Hakusho was going to be shown, i think it was at the time of Ayacon in MVM's press release or something, but still i'm not sure, and i do hope it will be FMA, because MVM are so damn slow with these dvd's, they delayed vol 2 by at least 4 months i think... and i would love to see it as i dont have enough money to buy the dvd's at the moment :p

Well I'm hoping for YYH. I've never seen it and it's by the mangaka of Hunter x Hunter.

Also, JAKEMAN, GXT is only in Italy and shows episodes of anime such as Inuyasha and Ranma (I think Ranma).

Back