InuYasha Vol. 1 Box set Region 2

Uixka

Brigade Leader
Suppose to be coming out in feb, but not v much info is given or has been updated since last august, who thinks this is all a wind up? i mean.. the coverart still hasnt been reveled so... u know..

Thought I should revive an old thread instead of starting another one. Looks like Inu Yasha is finally on its way as the first DVD of the first set has been submitted to the BBFC:

BBFC Link

At least this means it's not totally dead and someone's working on it.

On Wikipedia it says it's both dub and sub, but who's to trust Wikipedia? If it's dub I'll probably still buy it, but sub will be picked this time around, Kappei Yamaguchi. <3

Lupus Inu said:
So it's coming out today?

No, it's due out on 16th April according to Play.com and hopefully now that's been passed by the BBFC it might actually meet that date.

The Play.com listing has been updated too. The first set is going to be 12 episodes across 2 discs for a RRP of £24.99. If it is dub only, it won't bother me. My only exposure to the series was through Canadian TV, and despite the negative comments I've seen about the dub, I didn't think it was that bad. Still now that they're working on it, does this mean they've got a TV deal for it, assuming that was the reason for the delay in the first place.

Noratav said:
Lupus Inu said:
So it's coming out today?

Still now that they're working on it, does this mean they've got a TV deal for it, assuming that was the reason for the delay in the first place.

I sent them an e-mail earlier this evening. Hopefully they will respond, but you never know with these new companies (I've never had a response from Revelation Films).

Lupus Inu said:
On Wikipedia it says it's both dub and sub, but who's to trust Wikipedia? If it's dub I'll probably still buy it, but sub will be picked this time around, Kappei Yamaguchi. <3
Yes, there is a full, uncensored dub and the US DVDs are hybrid (containing English and Japanese language versions with subtitles). The question is whether Fab Films will release just the English dub or release a hybrid version. Wikipedia is clearly talking about the US version since there is practically no information about the UKR2 version at this moment.

Hmmmmmmm... I'm very worried about this classification, i mean i am glad that the dvd is finally going somewhere, but the rating is PG, and if you've seen uncut versions of inuyasha, there is a nudity seen in the first series where kagome is but naked a hot resivour, plus shippo strips off and you see what appears to be a very oddly drawn cameltoe XD (probably cuz they didnt want him to have a penis?), so this concerns me a bit, but we'll just have to see... but seeing as im the one who goes on about InuYasha constantly... HURRAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Uixka said:
Hmmmmmmm... I'm very worried about this classification, i mean i am glad that the dvd is finally going somewhere, but the rating is PG, and if you've seen uncut versions of inuyasha, there is a nudity seen in the first series where kagome is but naked a hot resivour, plus shippo strips off and you see what appears to be a very oddly drawn cameltoe XD (probably cuz they didnt want him to have a penis?), so this concerns me a bit, but we'll just have to see... but seeing as im the one who goes on about InuYasha constantly... HURRAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
Nudity isn't a big deal to the BBFC. It is sexual nudity that matters most (where the nudity is sexually evocative, erotic or otherwise involves or indicates sex.) It does, however, look like it could be English dub only since there doesn't seem to be any indication there with regards to a Japanese dub.

But they should show it on TV before they release it on DVD... It is a frickin long series like DBZ, Bleach and Naruto....

But finally they confirm a release, about 5 years after the US....

Gawyn said:
Nudity isn't a big deal to the BBFC. It is sexual nudity that matters most (where the nudity is sexually evocative, erotic or otherwise involves or indicates sex.) It does, however, look like it could be English dub only since there doesn't seem to be any indication there with regards to a Japanese dub.
Is 2007 "Lets screw the UK around" year something? Jeez, we wait over 5 months for this thing and it even threatens to be a wattered down debarticle?

Gawyn said:
Uixka said:

At this stage the lack of a listing for the Japanese track is meaningless. The English track and the Japanese track are always rated seperately by the BBFC, and its not uncommon for the Japanese track to be rated several days or even weeks after the English track. Incidently, the PG rating only applies to the first disc. The second disc got a 12 and is listed here.

Lupus Inu said:

When I went on Wiki. It Menitoned The UK One and It said Nothing about The Japanese Audio (It did in the US Ones)

~Ran

Ran said:
Lupus Inu said:

When I went on Wiki. It Menitoned The UK One and It said Nothing about The Japanese Audio (It did in the US Ones)

~Ran
Wiki isn't the most reliable source on the net (unless it was the people at Fabulous Films submitted the information). Best to wait and see what happens imo...

To quote something I read...

"Wikipedia is a good place to learn a lot about the internet, sex, explosions, Ravenna, Ohio, and Captain Picard but Wikipedia has a problem. The problem is that dudes and ladies like to vandalize it with misinformation, falsehoods, stories about their cats, and sometimes even pictures of wieners in articles that aren't even about wieners. I saw that once."

In other words I could edit it to say the UK boxset will contain a cardboard cut out of a giant mongoose.

Back