Initial D

Pomtry

Combat Butler
I just watched the Initial D movie and loved it. But the ending let the movie down :( But I love the fact that the driver in it isnt one of those Hyper toned people who you normaly see on raceing movies. I normaly never watch movies like this because of that. The movie does have a lot of funny parts in it. Also a lot of facts about how children can be abused.

So if anyone else has seen this movie what are your thoughts on it.

To those that havent get your ass in gear and buy it :p

This is my all time favourite movie, I have reviewed it here before and I am totally in love with it.

So many great ideas, especially the drifting actually done by drivers and not computer simulated (Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift could have learned a lot from this film).

Hero doesn't get the girl is a great twist too

I loved the characters, although they had to merge a few of them, and change relationships, like his best mate is just a driver in the anime/manga and not a member of the speedstars that is a different character who can actually drift, just not as well as Takashi. Also the two rivals are actaully brothers in the series or enemies with no challenge another story merge.

Still one of my all time fave movie, I must have watched this like 10-20 times as I just love the story, although I do skip the bits with his gf.

Most annopying bit for me is seeing Bunta as a drunk, in the anime he is a brutal driver and one of my fave characters

Last edited by a moderator:
The ending part with the girlfreind just completely through me but thats what I liked about it. It just didnt end the way you thought it would.

Pomtry said:
The ending part with the girlfreind just completely through me but thats what I liked about it. It just didnt end the way you thought it would.

The most upsetting bit for me was watching the Evo get totalled, such a beautiful car... gone

Best bit, was seeing Bunta and the engine, and being told he's insane for fitting an engine like that

Pomtry said:
The best part for me was probably Seeing that big fat guy spew his guts out. I just couldnt stop laughing at him :lol:

Yeah that was a great bit of cheap comedy, i love it when you watch the movie the second time and he is telling Takumi how to drift, I love the confused look on his face

McIcy said:
Pomtry said:
The best part for me was probably Seeing that big fat guy spew his guts out. I just couldnt stop laughing at him :lol:

Yeah that was a great bit of cheap comedy, i love it when you watch the movie the second time and he is telling Takumi how to drift, I love the confused look on his face

I fogot all about that I love his little motto about gods. :lol:

He actualy thinks hes the best thing god made

Pomtry said:
McIcy said:
Pomtry said:

I fogot all about that I love his little motto about gods. :lol:

He actualy thinks hes the best thing god made

Yeah and yet he can barely drive and the first time Takumi takes him drifting he pukes, whats even better is in the anime both he and the leader of the Speedstars keep blacking out from fear when Takumi takes the first corner.

Plus for a rich kid he knows nothing about cars, like when he buys the same car as Takumi believing it'll do the same things, too bad he actually buys the AE85 which is the single version of Tak's and has half the power (ruined in the film by actually giving him the same model minus Buntas upgrades of course)

Back