I'm stumped.

Kurogane

Chuunibyou
Okay, so a few months ago, utorrent ceased to work... at all. I did everything I could that would normally cause well seeded torrents to stall unexpectedly;

1. Forwarding ports to the designated client ports
2. restoring factory router settings (easy enough)
3. Roaring profanities

Still- no dice. Never had a client problem which could not be resolved through the above fixes, and now this problem seems to have translated over to BitComet.

As far as generaly connectivity goes, I can connect to the net fine, access all other online applications, MSN, Ares, Googletalk, and all the AV stuff is kicking ass connection-wise, but still the torrent client issue.

WTF is going on, oh techheads of AUKN? :x

I need my illegal contents.

skikes said:
it must be a firewall prob on ur com becus i'm using utorrent as we speak... altho it does seem rather slow at the min :/

Forgot to say that it's on the exceptions list, always has been- hence the allowed ports.

I'm one step away from blaming the Mole people here.

Kurogane said:
skikes said:
it must be a firewall prob on ur com becus i'm using utorrent as we speak... altho it does seem rather slow at the min :/

Forgot to say that it's on the exceptions list, always has been- hence the allowed ports.

I'm one step away from blaming the Mole people here.

i'd say blame microsoft, but the mole people work for them don't they

Oh, make sure you have forwarded the correct ports.

Also, use a different torrenting program... uTorrent sucks - Try Azerus or Bit Torrent.

Yagami said:
Oh, make sure you have forwarded the correct ports.

Also, use a different torrenting program... uTorrent sucks - Try Azerus or Bit Torrent.

Azureus = Memory shagger

Bit Torrent = Snore

I'll double check the ports.

Ryo Chan said:
bittorrent snore?

anything that gets me 2000kbs is ok with me

uTorrent is basically every other torrent client shoved into one, with around only 200kb memory usage.

I just happen to be ostricised from the torrent community right now. :p

UTorrent works fine with me too but just last week it refused to work one day. Since you've tried port forwarding, have you tried setting a static IP address? That might be worth a shot - I'd say be careful about screwing up your router but you seem to know how to reset it if all goes wrong. Apparently port forwarding works best if the IP add is set or something. I won't claim to be an expert there I'm afraid.

it could be your ISP, maybe if you use alot of your bandwidth on torrents they could be limiting how much bandwidth to give you for the program. What kind of router do you use? I've got a linksys so thats the only one i know my way around currently, so if you have the same i can try and lend a hand.

did you try changing the ports altogether ? and changing the firewall to allow them, this would be a good get around the ISP limiting torrents ....

thund3r said:
it could be your ISP, maybe if you use alot of your bandwidth on torrents they could be limiting how much bandwidth to give you for the program. What kind of router do you use? I've got a linksys so thats the only one i know my way around currently, so if you have the same i can try and lend a hand.

I've got a D-link hooked up at the moment, and so far I've not experience any problems (that I know of anyway), except this one.

You could be right on the money with the ISP dealie, because sometimes I'll torrent for 48+ hours at a time. No ****, my computer has been on for about 3 months now.

Yar, they are probably capping your download speeds :p. Wait until the end of the month / your next bill and see if it changes - If not, ring them up :d

Back