If the RPG World Had Social Media Volume 1 Review

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
How different would a hero's journey be if their world had social media? Well, enter the new manga series If the RPG World Had Social Media which aims to show us just how much fun the cast could have with the ability to constantly text one another.

Continue reading...

Sounds like a flimsy premise to make the central gimmick, but if it's only two volumes I guess it won't have time to wear thin. It's a pretty old idea too, since any story set inside an MMO has people messaging each other; .hack was doing that over 15 years ago.

Sounds like a flimsy premise to make the central gimmick, but if it's only two volumes I guess it won't have time to wear thin. It's a pretty old idea too, since any story set inside an MMO has people messaging each other; .hack was doing that over 15 years ago.

I think there is something fun about having a smartphone as a centrepiece precisely because of how easy communication has become in MMOs and fantasy worlds (which usually just use some kind of spell), especially when the text comes complete with some emoji here and there. It's not something you'd expect as a focus really, at least I don't think so. I agree the premise is too flimsy for more than a couple of volumes though, so I'm glad it hasn't tried to stretch beyond that!

Back