I went to an Expo.

Outlawstar-

In defence of Expo's. I go to the London one's and the good experiences I've encountered include:

- Finding good manga titles that I've never heard off
- Buying japanese confectionary
- I once dressed as a cat-boy to an Expo and it was one of the funniest experiences I've ever had (It's fun being a little crazy once in a while)
- Jumping onto a giant Studio Ghibi mascot with a hug
- Meeting my favourite voice actor
- Getting glomped by other cosplayers who recognise the character you're cosplaying as
- Buying far too much merchandising that you don't really need, but want.
- Meeting other folks from this forum

M.G xx

One thing that annoys me about cosplayers is that they are seemingly ALWAYS hyper, no matter who they're dressed as. And their obsession with hugs.

And that's not mentioning the fact that they dress in ridiculous costumes (ooh, burn!)

Just kidding =P

I've never been to an anime expo to be honest, I've wanted to go on various occasions but they usually don't seem to be on dates where I'm free. I have however been to a few videogame expos and they were very enjoyable, I've always wanted to see how an anime expo compares to one of those. :]

I might try going to an expo this summer they seem fun or though the one thing i noticed a lot of people are saying is it smells quite badly?

So how much would you say you should take £100/£200?

In response to the negativity in this thread.

Fair enough, if people hate cosplayers, so be it. Everyone has different opinions.

But cosplayers are genuinely into stuff they really like. Besides, what's the point of dressing up as someone you dislike? Being passionate about something you like, isn't really about cosplay, it's about being a fan first.

Alot of people hate things nowadays, so actually liking things is something special. I must admit - some of the costumes I've seen are amazing, be it FMA style or Gothic Lolita, I remember being impressed. It takes a lot of guts to cosplay as someone mentioned earlier. It's just a shame that people think they're easy targets for criticism simply because they look different.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the matter.

BTW nick - take about £100 and have a list of the things you really want. Ever seen those old Woolworths adverts where a person walks in to buy a paintbrush and comes out with everything but the paintbrush?

Expo's are like that - easy to overspend.

Back