HSBC Credit Card Issues

Aion

Time-Traveller
A few weeks ago, I went into my local HSBC branch and got a credit card. I was told I'd be able to view what I use it for online. Yay.

It arrived, I clicked 'Activate Now' beside credit card on my account, and I got confirmation the card was working... but 'Activate Now' stayed, even after I went through the activation process twice.

Also, even though I've used the card once and had a DVD sent - proving the card is working - nothing is showing on my account. I still get the same 'Click something else, or try again later' whenever I try to view transactions.

Anyone else have similar issues? I've fired off another email to the Dell-esque 'Tell me your Windows version and internets' support, but it's looking like the easiest solution is to go back into my branch and sort it out in person. :/ I don't want to talk to India.

Didn't had the same issue, but I've noticed it takes a couple days to be able to view my transactions online. The balance seems to be available a lot earlier than than the descriptions though, if that is of any help.

Also, I've had to contact them once - I've searched for the non-08 number on moneysavingexpert, so I didn't have to pay extra for the call.

The three times I've had to call them, I've got UK accents - scottish actually, as far as I can remember.

If you call as though it's a complaint and not for help, you usually get the UK-based call centre for HSBC.

I can also confirm it can take days (or even weeks sometimes) for transactions to come through to my online account after they take place with credit card and the goods ship. On my debit card they often show up same day. I haven't experienced the Activate Card bug though so good luck with their helpdesk.

R

Back