How big's your DVD/VHS/Blu-ray etc. collection?

What, like, discs? Series? Amount of money spent? I don't even want to think about that last one, I might estimate the second one once I get a chance.

Rui said:
Part of the fun of receiving something new is watching it for the first time, for me :)
I agree with this, I will stop watching some current series once I know I will be getting the home video release, although generally I have seen a lot of what I buy (certainly not all).

I am particularly excited to watch Fate/Zero for the first time on BD, I know that you will also join me in having the willpower to do this, Rui... right? RIGHT?!

ilmaestro said:
I am particularly excited to watch Fate/Zero for the first time on BD, I know that you will also join me in having the willpower to do this, Rui... right? RIGHT?!

;_;

Well, it will have some new cuts, so it's sort of like a completely different show. So it's ok and I can watch it for the first time, again.

R

I can't remember my VHS collection, as I was only a kid when they were around so any I have would have actually been bought by Mum.

Anyways, as of writing, I have 144 DVD releases and 10 blu-ray releases (boxsets count as 1 release). I am currently awaiting 2 DVDs to arrive in the mail (Cowboy Bebop and Love Hina). Out of the blu-rays, only 2 of those releases aren't anime (Harry Potter 8-film collection and Family Guy: It's a Trap!). DVD-wise, 23 aren't anime.

All of my blu-rays are Region B (well, I have 3 U.S. imports - the Gundam 00 movie and Fairy Tail volumes 1 and 2, which are A/B). I own 4 American Region 1 DVDs and 1 Japanese Region 2; the rest are UK Region 2.

As for whether I blind buy...I very rarely do. The only titles I can remember blind-buying were Always My Santa, Ouran High School Host Club, Love Hina and Ghibli stuff (because it's Ghibli). I don't count DVD-only sequels or spin-offs of things I've seen as blind-buys though.

As for how long I've been collecting? Well, I got into anime around the time Jetix starting airing Naruto for the first time...so...a few years?

What about shelves pictures? So we can really check how big it is 8)

I've got maybe around 50 single dvds and maybe 10 boxsets. Just anime.

Movies around 100 and boxsets shows/movies around 15.

Back