Hoodwinked

McIcy

Mushi-shi
OK so its a 'kids' film but the trailer cracked me up and I had a free rental to use up so I thought what the hell :twisted:

Basically its Little Red Riding Hood warped. The movie takes place after the story ends with the Woodcutter, the Wolf, Red and Granny giving there version of the story to the police. The side story is that someone is stealing all the recipes (Muffin Man can't make muffins, all the snacks shops are shutting down etc.) but its not really needed as just the police investigation would do.

And its funny, its laugh out loud funny, the best bits aren't in the trailer and has some brilliant comic pieces. Like the Extreme Sports Granny with the Triple X style tattoo, and the weird squirel who's hyped up on caffine.

BEST ACTOR - The Wolf (voice by the guy who does Lt Shades in The Batman, and Kronk in the Emporers New Groove). He cracked me up, such a misunderstood character.

3.5 - 4 out of 5 - funny, good story, great characters only thing that lets it down is the Woodcutters story, its not as good as the others

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I saw this in the cinema and thought it was quite cool. It's funny and actually has a story which many kids films seem to lack. (especially the animated ones) One of these days I'll buy it, will wait for a good sale.

Ushio said:
Yeah I saw this in the cinema and thought it was quite cool. It's funny and actually has a story which many kids films seem to lack. (especially the animated ones) One of these days I'll buy it, will wait for a good sale.

Same here I really wanna buy it but will wait for the price to go into the sale

I have to commend the producers for finally making a CG movie that's not just about either a bunch of animals trying to get to freedom or fish.

Between Madagascar/The Wild/Ice Age/Open Season and Finding Nemo/Shark Tale/that new one, my brain is about to explode. -_-

Aaron said:
I have to commend the producers for finally making a CG movie that's not just about either a bunch of animals trying to get to freedom or fish.

Between Madagascar/The Wild/Ice Age/Open Season and Finding Nemo/Shark Tale/that new one, my brain is about to explode. -_-

Yeah it does seem that CG equates to fluffy in the mind of Producers

They should let me write and direct a CG movie for mature audiences. It's not like i'm lax on ideas.

I have hopes for Kung Fu Panda though.

McIcy said:
Aaron said:

Yeah it does seem that CG equates to fluffy in the mind of Producers
That doesn't stop me from enjoying them. I'm a sucker for it! :p

That other one's called The Reef - it looks pants so I'm avoiding it like I did Shark Tale and The Wild. Seen all the other's you listed though! :lol:

WTFDaveMustaine said:
They should let me write and direct a CG movie for mature audiences. It's not like i'm lax on ideas.

I have hopes for Kung Fu Panda though.
That reminds me (sorry, not the Kung Fu Panda bit), but has anyone seen the French CGI film Rennaisance? It's all black and white and noir looking, but worried it might be a little full of itself. (many French films have a sense of pretentious worthiness which rubs me up the wrong way) Was wondering if it was any good?

...I'm dragging this thread off topic aren't I? Apologies!

Oh yeah about the movie. It had it's funny parts but seriously the CGI looked like it was ripped from a PS2 game and because of that it didn't really feel like an actual movie.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Oh yeah about the movie. It had it's funny parts but seriously the CGI looked like it was ripped from a PS2 game and because of that it didn't really feel like an actual movie.

pomtry said:
That kinda puts me off watching it :(

For me this was a nice touch, the simplicity of the cgi has an appealing effect, as if the producers are saying they are concentrating more on the story than the cgi realism, after all its a fairy-tail fantasy so why make the characters look real.

I loved the picture on the cover of the book at the start of the dvd very creepy

Back