Hikaru no Go

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
I'm considering checking out Hikaru no Go. Did a bit of research into it and it seems to have been rated really well. The premise of an action show based on a board game sounds a bit off putting, but all the reviews seem to confirm it's much more exciting than it sounds.

Have you seen any of it? What did you think?

I've seen up to episode 26 and enjoyed what I saw of it!
It's a little like The Prince of Tennis in "Go" form :D
Sai is a very cool and funny character (he's the ghost of an ancient Go master!!).
If you don't mind anime like Yugioh, POT and the like, you should enjoy this one, just keep in mind 90% of the show is playing Go!!
(I've played Go myself and it's actually really good fun :D - and no, I was terrible at playing :lol: ).

Thanks for the information. The comparision to Yu-gi-oh nearly killed my interest, but these shonen jump shows seem to hook me, so I'll give it a few episodes and post back my thoughts ;)

Don't let the Yugioh comment put you off! Do you know how hard it is to try and find some kind of comparison for HNG :cry: the name just popped into my head but honestly there are no Egyptian Gods anywhere :lol:

You'd need to watch at least 6 episodes to really get the feel of the show and the characters!

Hikaru no Go is absurdly interesting, given that it's about Go. Not that I've anything against Go, but how much fun can watching an anime about people playing it be? Shockingly so.

If you're even mildly into Shounen Jump type stuff, this is well worth a look. The battles -- I mean games -- get very tense, and it's all just really well done. I only wish there were more about the side characters like Akari, but I guess that's not really the idea...

Back