Hi. I'm new, well..

Emrys

Completely Average High School Student
Hi UK anime fans! I'm new to the site/forum, well... I just tried signing up and it turns out I signed up in 2013, which I don't remember doing lol :p

Well Anyway... I started watching anime years ago in college, but I do remember watching anime as a kid (probably thought they were cartoons)

Edit: I recently started collecting anime figures, mostly by Banpresto because they have great prices and good quality figures. I found out about Banpresto from a monthly mystery box I sometimes get from Hong Kong.

I'm just putting this out there, but... I only watch dubbed anime ;) I don't sign up to a lot of forums because you see a lot of dub vs sub posts and people going crazy haha... so I use the animedubs reddit where all dubbed anime fans go.

I'm on MAL (MyAnimeList) if anyone uses it :)

Last edited:
Welcome (back)!

While I'm afraid that I'm not one of them, we have quite a few people around here who actively favour dubs, so don't be afraid to talk about that. Chances are you'll find like-minded folk and we've all managed to coexist happily :)

R

Welcome, Emrys! I don't believe there's any hostilities on this forum between sub and dub watchers, we all just want to watch anime. :)

Officially though, I am also a strict sub-only viewer. My two daughters got me hooked on anime about 5-6 years ago, and they taught me well - they are even more adamant about subtitles than I am! But, I do show a lot of anime to friends and neighbors in my theater, and I'm considerate enough to show what anime I can with English dubs for their convenience - it may be very painful for me, but I only want to make my guests happy so they keep coming back, lol!

Hey dude, welcome to the forums :)

I'd like to get into collecting some figurines this year - I've seen some sweet looking Madoka Magica ones on Amazon. Why must I be so very unemployed and skint right now?!

What figures do you have?

Aaaaah, the old Dubs vs Subs war. Personally I appreciate both for different reasons - I like the traditional sound of the Japanese dialogue, but often I find that a scene can completely change when you hear the English dub, and it helps you to see that particular scene in a different way. Not necessarily for the better, but it changes the perspective. Plus there's cultural aspects at play as well I guess...anyway, it's all good! ^^

Back