Hello thar

Warmaster

Great Teacher
Well, having looked around the web for anime sites dealing with england, i finally found this place. good to see that other people actually do like anime in england in any case!

been an anime fan for about five years now (since i was 15) being introduced by my brother. but only last year did i actually start buying any in any quantity - before that the only ones i had bought had been found on video at boot sales. now, with a dvd compatible computer (not multi region alas) i'm building a collection (usually terrorising my student loan to do so...) Miyazaki's films probobly place themselves as my favorites, even if i only own five of them (spirited away, princess mononoke, castle in the sky, kiki's delivery service and castle of caglistro) and i'm hoping that disney hurry up and get more of the films out, as i really want to see naussicaa especailly. other favoirte anime are Orguss 02, Excel saga, Martian successor nadesico (got into that one from the old showing on the sci fi channel) metropolis, read or die, rayearth, Akira, black jack, and lots more!

Other intrests: i'm trying to be a writer, and have been doing so since i was about 14, writing "realistic" fantasy "conworlding" is the internet term, also conlanging (in the ilk of tolkien, making languages) and also read a lot of other fantasy and military history. also pretty good at table tennis

there, thats my history. HELLO ALL! 8)

Welcome to the site/forums Warmaster!

good to see that other people actually do like anime in england in any case!

Yeah, there are a few of us knocking about ;).
I hope too that Disney get around to releasing more of Miyazaki's work especially Nausicaa but I guess they have to get their own stuff out the door first.

Other intrests: i'm trying to be a writer, and have been doing so since i was about 14, writing "realistic" fantasy "conworlding" is the internet term, also conlanging (in the ilk of tolkien, making languages) and also read a lot of other fantasy and military history.

That sounds interesting, is any of your work on-line? I’d like to give it a read.

Jamie said:
That sounds interesting, is any of your work on-line? I’d like to give it a read.

umm *hunts* yes, a few bits. not much. the most recent thing finished here is from a couple of years ago now, but they have occasionaly merits http://www.warmaster.iwarp.com/Bair.htm

unfortunately, i just wish i could draw! it would make much of this be so much easier! i'm currently working on lots of stuff again, so perhaps i'll get some more up sooner or later. However uni starts next week so who knows! :roll:

Just thought I'd drop-in and say hello! Welcome to the forums.

I've bought a few anime videos at boot sales from time to time - often find some very old anime too.

And good luck with being a writer! Being able to do something like that would be really fun and creative.

Paul said:
Just thought I'd drop-in and say hello! Welcome to the forums.

I've bought a few anime videos at boot sales from time to time - often find some very old anime too.

And good luck with being a writer! Being able to do something like that would be really fun and creative.

Thanks.

Quite aside from being fun and creative, it takes a long time! about 6 years now and i'm only just getting to a reasonably state... :roll:

umm *hunts* yes, a few bits. not much.

:shock: Not much?
You’ve got a whole novel worth there!

But seriously that’s some good stuff; the thought you’ve put into the backgrounds and languages is simply out-standing. Keep it up, that’s some great reading is that.
:)

Jamie said:
umm *hunts* yes, a few bits. not much.

:shock: Not much?
You’ve got a whole novel worth there!

But seriously that’s some good stuff; the thought you’ve put into the backgrounds and languages is simply out-standing. Keep it up, that’s some great reading is that.
:)

i suppose. though most of it is old. i've been working hard on the history and languages all summer, and even went to a meet up with some of the people on my main board who all do this, they were rather more shocked by this creation: http://www.xapia.com/zbbmeet/Mapagain.JPG but its good to have a little "outside" praise as it were. thanks a lot! :D

That's one hell of a map. *Where's the nearest McDonalds?*

Have you ever thought of doing an on-line Manga?
You could write a fantasy story and have some else draw it....Just an idea. :)

Jamie said:
That's one hell of a map. *Where's the nearest McDonalds?*

Have you ever thought of doing an on-line Manga?
You could write a fantasy story and have some else draw it....Just an idea. :)

:lol:

I have actually been told that some of my fantasy would make a good manga :roll:(two people actually, one said "comic" generally, the other did say manga though) however my actual "drawing" skills are unfortunately not all that good. (doing a map is completely different) though i have tried to draw manga style, i can't get anywhere beyond faces at all, and they aren't very good. could be a nice idea for the furture however, i would love to see it happen, thats for certain! 8)

Back