Gunslinger Girl OVAs....

mangaman74

Akatsuki
http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Gunsli ... ar%27.html

It's now been confirmed via Manga Entertainment's Twitter account that this additional OVA will still see a DVD release in the UK, with the released slated for "this year" at some point. The company also confirmed that they had initially intended to release the entire series including the OVA as a single package, but had to sell it separately (presumably at the request of the Japanese licensor).

This is doubtless good news for the Gunslinger Girl completists out there, although I'm sure many of us would have preferred to see the series and OVA released in one go and it'll be interesting to see how the OVA's sales fare upon its release.

mangaman74 said:
http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Gunslinger_Girl:_Il_Teatrino_OVA_to_be_released_in_the_UK_%27this_year%27.html

It's now been confirmed via Manga Entertainment's Twitter account that this additional OVA will still see a DVD release in the UK, with the released slated for "this year" at some point. The company also confirmed that they had initially intended to release the entire series including the OVA as a single package, but had to sell it separately (presumably at the request of the Japanese licensor).

This is doubtless good news for the Gunslinger Girl completists out there, although I'm sure many of us would have preferred to see the series and OVA released in one go and it'll be interesting to see how the OVA's sales fare upon its release.
thats good news

This could have been soooo much better if the producers' hadn't fallen into the trap of milking the otaku with moeblobs with guns. I loved the first season, but I'm not even renting this one.
Fail.

I don't mind that Manga changed their minds... or had their minds changed for them by the Japanese licensor when it comes to the release of Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino.

What irritates me is that even though they reduced the content of the collection, they didn't reduce the RRP.

Just Passing Through said:
I don't mind that Manga changed their minds... or had their minds changed for them by the Japanese licensor when it comes to the release of Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino.

What irritates me is that even though they reduced the content of the collection, they didn't reduce the RRP.
Or change the listings at all, still down as 3 disk and including the OVA everywhere.
Hope people give them lots of returns for false advertising.

Back