Gunslinger Girl 2 getting UK Release on 16/05/2011

JohnC said:
Funi are re-releasing Samurai Champloo on both DVD and BD in May. Any chance the BD is a proper version, or simply the broken release in a different box? The price doesn't suggest a budget re-release, with the RRP only $5 less than the original release. Have they said anything about this?

Looking at TRSI the RRP is more than $5 difference,

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... c/asc/50/1

The original release has a RRP of $79.98 while the new classic line version has a RRP of $54.98. I would think that the classic line is the same as a budget line.

mangaman74 said:
The original release has a RRP of $79.98 while the new classic line version has a RRP of $54.98. I would think that the classic line is the same as a budget line.
It's the Viridian collection's replacement. So yup, cheap reprint line.

Just Passing Through said:
Shiroi Hane said:
I wasn't aware there was any doubt about that. FUNi has the UK rights after all, and I think the only exception to their exclusive relationship is Chobits.

Not exactly exclusive...

MVM releasing Tower of Druaga in April. (They get dibs on Gonzo titles I think)
FUNimation doesn't have UK rights to Druaga. For titles where Gonzo hold the international rights they always licensed directly to the UK.
It wasn't so obvious back when MVM were distro'ing for FUNi since FUNi got most Gonzo titles anyway, but when the rest of the FUNi titles were yanked they kept Samurai 7 etc. ADV also released a number of their titles (Last Exile, FMP etc.)
Gonzo actually released some Afro Samurai discs in the UK themselves, although that title is now with Manga.

Back