Good Sites to Legally Download Anime soundtracks (paysites)

Beez released a few accessible CD's. Things like GiTS.
Itunes sell a small selection of anime songs as well. I'm not aware of anywhere else

You can get a fair bit on iTunes Japan, but you have to import a prepaid iTunes card to make an account. There are plenty of stores which will sell them to foreigners but check first to see if the songs you like are on there; a lot of record companies are slow about taking on these new fangled new online stores.

There are a great deal of lower profile Japan-only digital download stores as well but most are limited heavily by record companies participating; did you have any particular music in mind?

R

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Yeah...except I don't use iTunes, because I don't have an iPod, does iTunes still work with mp3 players? Like Zens

Sure, just re-name the extension from .M4P to M4a. as they are basically the same codecs, just in a different extension, it should work fine.
And this goes without saying, but don't use iTunes to transfer the files, use something like Winamp or WMP.

If you're not sure with iTunes I'd suggest making a local account and downloading the free Song Of The Week on the iTMS front page - then you can test it on your player without wasting any real money. And if the song happens to be good, you got a free track :)

R

Bumping this thread due to me finally getting around to looking into this. Price wise it seems to be cheap as chips! Only looked for a couple of things, but as an example the first To Aru Kagaku no Railgun OST is 1500yen rather than 3000yen on Amazon. EP songs seem to be generally 200yen, so you can get the two "actual" songs from an OP or ED CD for 400yen instead of shelling out 1200yen for the CD.

Back