GONZO create live action label

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
According to the Anime News Service anime production studio GONZO have started a new live-action label called "GONZO REVOLUTION" with goals to adapt several of their popular anime series into live-action movies.

Early off this new production line is said to be Blue Submarine No.6, directed by Masahiko Okura (whose previous work includes anime OVA series Yukikaze)- this movie will follow up the previously announced "Afro Samurai" (starring famous Hollywood actor Samuel L Jackson).

Blue Sub 6 remember taping that off Cartoon Network along time ago when it first aired excellent in my opinion and a live action movie of it sounds pretty darn good.

I wonder if the Saikano movie is also a part of this new label?

Either way, I hope we just got a step closer to a Last Exile live action adaptation :)

I heard a rumour about the Exile live action a while back. Apparently Joel Silver (Matrix producer I believe) was expressing a keen interest in it.

With their knowledge of computer graphics, a live action studio is not a bad move for Gonzo to make. With Samuel L Jackson on the cast list of one of their films, it can only help.

tho i dont watch much live action. this is great news as the ones i have seen have been good. give me alot more a chance of seeing my frv series in the real thing.

The Sci-Fi channel is apparently working on a live action WHR and Noir is 'inspired' by various live action movies so making an live action version of it is rather pointless.

Blue Sub could be quite good though, it will be interesting to see how they handle Zorndike's creatures

Back